View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lara'sYorkies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Lol i'm not suprised she can jump them, one of my yorkies, Malachi, can! I just use gates to back up real doors so that I can shut the gate and then shut the door if you see what I mean, to stop them legging through the door while i'm shutting it.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 05:08 PM
I really am so sorry to hear things have not improved.
Some dogs are fine with cats and some you can with patience get them to accept and live happily with cats, some dogs you can get to tolerate cats but sadly a few, no matter what you try just cannot stand them and will badly injure or kill them given half the chance.
I know my Shady would be the same as Ruby, so as much as I would like a cat around the house I cannot even consider it. Sometimes you just instinctively know it will never work.
I wish I could give you some positive hope or solve your problem, but from what you have said it may need more than a magic wand and cats being a law unto themselves, makes it difficult to keep them permantly apart. (((hugs)))
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Tara was like this, if not worse when I first moved in with my ex who had two cats, the one used to stick up for herself the other was a nightmare and would just run, it took a while but we used distraction methods and then praised her to high heaven whenever she looked at the cats but didn't react......

Have you thought about consulting a behaviorist - apologies if you have already done so....

Thinking of you x
Yes I appreciate what you are saying, but you have to ask yourself how fair is it on the Cats, this has been going on for months. Ruby is also a Shar-Pei, they are not known for their submissive nature and willingness to back down from a fight!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Have you used dog gates or just baby gates??
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Have you used dog gates or just baby gates??
Yep both she will grab a hold and pull herself over

Wondered if hanging like a beaded curtain over the gates would help???? :smt102
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 08:35 PM
I do hope even a slight improvement is made Jules and that will give you hope and something to work from. Best of luck to you all. x
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5