View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Having the kids has changed the way I eat,I used to live on junk food,do still eat a bit of it but not much.

I only do chips once a week,I only use fresh veggies, and I try and vary what I cook, and make sure the kids have fresh veggies ,salad or fruit each day.

My daughter can be a bit of a challenge sometimes as she can be picky with food but has been since she was little,she refuse d point blank to eat tinned baby foods (usually only used when we were out)

Last night I did chicken chausser,with mushroom rice and tonight I did fish,Jacket spuds and salad.
Have no idea what I am cooking tomorrow......
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
I'd say we make about 95% of everything from scratch... the only tinned stuff we buy is tomatoes and beans really, and the odd tin of soup for emergencies/lunches.

I make everything from scratch (sauces etc) and the majority of our meat comes from either the local butcher, or a Riverford meat box.

I try and grow lots of veg, but when I'm not growing stuff, we get a veg box delivered.

Brekkie is either cereal (Weetabix) or toast (homemade bread); lunch is often reheated leftovers, and tea is the 'big' meal.

Tonight, we're having pork steaks in a creamy sage and apple sauce, with mash and veg. Yesterday was 'Fiery Beef Stew'.

I make lots of stuff in the slow cooker; and I have over 80 cookbooks, and over 1000 recipes in a file; so I'm never short of ideas!!

We try not to drink during the week, but I fell off the wagon a bit after being made redundant last week. Trying to scramble back on!!
Sounds like you have the right idea -- I definitely aspire to be like that one day (inspired to cook more!). I'm guessing you like cooking though by the sounds of it? I unfortunately, don't!

Sorry about your redundancy though.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I'm trying to think what else I eat...southern fried chicken fillets, mini kievs, fish fingers, beefburgers, Fray Bentos pies (you know the ones, look like a pile of dog meat on the plate!) and at this point my list is about complete (apart from various guises of pasta and pizza)!

I've always had a rubbish diet and been very fussy with my food. As a kid I would only ever eat the middle of a pizza, never the edge, I didnt (and still dont) like bread crusts, I dont like the ends of chips, if a potato has an 'eye' on it I wont touch it etc. I'm a case study all of my own when it comes to food!
Good job you don't do dinner parties then, Leanne!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Be thankful you arent a fella attempting to take me out for a meal, lol!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Sounds like you have the right idea -- I definitely aspire to be like that one day (inspired to cook more!). I'm guessing you like cooking though by the sounds of it? I unfortunately, don't!

Sorry about your redundancy though.
I EATING!!!

This means that to eat nice food, I have to make nice food!!!

We ate out the other night, and I had a venison and merlot pie, in herby suet pastry - I am now on a mission to find recipes so I can recreate this, it was amazing!

If we are splashing out (and I mean big anniversary type meal out), we would save up and pay for Michelin star quality food - currently, we are looking at going for a 6 course dinner, at £75 each.

I have no idea where I get my love of cooking and food from. My mum hates cooking and eating, and only does it cos she has to. She would happily eat at a £4.99 carvery, and I would rather not even go in there....
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Be thankful you arent a fella attempting to take me out for a meal, lol!
I guess it is a good job most menus do chips...

Although if you left the ends of the chips, that might not be very romantic.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 07:06 PM
My name is Suzie & I'm a chocoholic & a grazer. I'm not that keen on fruit & veg & I love crisps!
I've been lucky in that I can stuff myself with chocolate & not put on weight as I'm quite active. However since being back at my office job a stone has crept on over the last year. Half a stone was ok,as I was a bit scrawny, but the extra half has landed around my middle. So I've been on a healthy diet & am in my third week. (I've lost 5lbs so far with 4lbs more to go)
I've swapped my giant dairy milks & family size bags of chocolates for 2 finger kit kats & freddo bars)
I'm eating a proper dinner & yesterday I even ate an apple
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 08:29 PM
I felt very ill tonight but it was self-inflicted!

I ate a large bag of Giant chocolate Buttons for my tea and then had to run (a very fast) Izzy round on the agility course a couple of hours afterwards. I normally eat nothing before agility and I felt so sluggish!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 08:38 PM
My diet is so so. It's not all crap but it could be healthier. I hate preparing meals and don't particularly enjoy eating either most of the time.

I don't eat much fruit or veg. I'm not quite sure why as I love mangos, grapes, papaya, dragon fruit and various other fruits. Not so keen on veggies though.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Did anyone watch the prog on at 9 on BBC1 about favourite supermarket foods? Very interesting and I actually learnt quite a bit!

Helen
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >