View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 04:23 PM
So how does he (for example) stop a dog pulling on the lead? And how does he teach positions (sit / down etc.) I`ve heard a lot about extreme cases, but nothing about basic training, which is really what most dog owners want to know.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
i really think this thread has worn itself out
Probaley! im still blaming you though!!!!!For Starting it!

We are all going around in circles i agree!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Inca View Post
i really think this thread has worn itself out

I'm worn out just reading it.......
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
you should see flynn training my Fast pace! i admit my Footwork can be shocking, but if i get it wrong in fast pace he will (gently) Bite me!!!!!

Sadly dosent help my foot work, does make me laugh though!
Kel used to stop and bite me on the backside in the ring to make me run faster, didn't work but it wasn't gentle!:smt005
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
So how does he (for example) stop a dog pulling on the lead? And how does he teach positions (sit / down etc.) I`ve heard a lot about extreme cases, but nothing about basic training, which is really what most dog owners want to know.
he's not a trainer, he is a self styled behaviourist:smt002 He does have a website, google the dog whisperer. Had to laugh last night cos there was a clip at the start of his show with him running and he was still smiling with those gleaming white teeth, very bizzare
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post

He puts one of his "creations" on them the illusion collar, which causes the dog so much pain it cant breathe & so dosent pull.( & whilst im all for exercise running a unfit dog without getting it fit, & then when its tired,mentally & physically, he then trys his techiques!!!!!)

Sometimes the dog fights back,it has abit of character, its then labeled red zone/dangerous /dominant (when its really just scared), & he bullies it into submission, oh & look another mislabelled dog hes rescued/saved (when really its shut down spirit broken).

Hes not a trainer so he dosent bother teaching them basic stuff like a sit or a down. Why i wonder? because a dog need confidence & trust to do even basic things like that.

I did see him teach a dog to swim once though! how clever!!!!! He threw it in the pool & wouldnt let it out, he is a genuis!!!!!
KianaKrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2008, 05:33 PM
first toatlly agree with Inca

and colliemad what your describing are dogs that run you and i know you don't like to hear that, but your dogs are telling you what to do

Claire and daisy caesar is not a trainer he helps dogs that are having severe problems, and convential things are no longer working and yes im all for doing whatever it takes to prevent anyone from getting attacked and any dogs being put down because of it, or it may be having to deal with a dog who pulls horribly on a leash and when that dog wieghs close to 100lbs you need to be the one in control, and also the leash method he teaches is the same one they use in dog shows up behind the ears all you dog handlers should know that ......just watch a show dogs are his life

And in response to the white teeth, hello its Hollywood

and yes to the one who pitys my dog, i know she has it so horrible on Her OWN fluffy bed with those darn rawhide bones or yes and i am a bad handler since i pulled back on her leash to train her OMG! the the insanity how did you teach your dog to walk on a leash hmmm

Im out thanks for letting get a good debate on today, I was pretty bored today but we should all consider this topic closed its only been what 47 pgs peaceout
KianaKrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2008, 05:35 PM
almost forgot I have owned Collies and Boarder collies so i know all about them
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by KianaKrazy View Post
and colliemad what your describing are dogs that run you and i know you don't like to hear that, but your dogs are telling you what to do
You know I don't like to hear that?:smt005 Actually I don't care, they do what I ask them to when I ask them, the rest of the time they are just dogs, normal border collies that at the moment are watching television while waiting for me to feed them
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by KianaKrazy View Post
almost forgot I have owned Collies and Boarder collies so i know all about them

then you would know that the name is Border Collie not boarder:smt002
Closed Thread
Page 47 of 70 « First < 37 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 57 > Last »