Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by colliemad View Post
sorry but no your dog does not love you neither do mine love me they are attached to us because we provide them with everything they need; food, warmth, shelter, companionship for example. The attachment does tend to be fairly strong though which is why a dog will remain loyal to an owner that is abusing it
who are you to say if my dog loves me you dont even know us my dog does love me if you can PROVE that you know for sure what dogs feel I might pay attention
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by bullyboy View Post
i think it all depends on what you consider love is
love is a human emotion, dogs do not feel things in the way that we do, they are animals and their behaviour is based on instinct, they simply react to the situation that they are in at that time. If they feel threatened they will react accordingly. People are able to think things through and decide on a course of action, dogs don't do that.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by colliemad View Post
love is a human emotion, dogs do not feel things in the way that we do, they are animals and their behaviour is based on instinct, they simply react to the situation that they are in at that time. If they feel threatened they will react accordingly. People are able to think things through and decide on a course of action, dogs don't do that.
like I said before can you prove that THEORY have you been a dog in a previous life,so you know how they feel or are you just making it up or did some super dooper dog trainer tell u that??????
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Ive seen dogs think a situation thru and decide what to do
with my own eyes
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
Ive seen dogs think a situation thru and decide what to do
with my own eyes
so have I, sol does it all the time but he doesn't love me any more than he is about to sprout wings and fly to the moon. We train our dogs for our benefit and convenience and their safety, they have no understanding of the words that we use and no sense of right or wrong, all they know is that certain behaviours get a good response while others don't. You could use swear words to get your dog to sit or stay and as long as you teach them the required response to that word they will show that behaviour. They don't sit there and dwell on their past or what tomorrow might bring and they don't feel emotions like people do no matter how much you might want them to. Strange, I thought CM didn't agree with people humanising their dogs?

The fact is that all animals behaviour is based on their instincts, if it were otherwise while they were considering their options and what to do next and of course considering the possible moral implications of any such action something would be likely to come along and eat them
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by bullyboy View Post
don't think you can train a dog like that with treats and soft approach
I did with my lad and believe me, he was a real `red zoner`, when he arrived he`d have made CMs idea of `aggressive` dogs look like playful puppies.

my view is needs to be sorted firm and as quickly as poss
That sort of approach with my lad would have resulted in savage attack by him followed by his death for rightfully defending himself...
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-04-2008, 09:04 PM
being firm does not mean he would have to defend himself, you defend from an attack, have never attacked a dog
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 09:17 PM
My lad perceived just a human presence as a potential attack on him, because the abuse he suffered was obscene. Had anyone tried putting hands on him even to be gentle at first, until he felt he could trust, would have resulted in being attacked, let alone what he would have done to anyone trying to pin him to the floor. To subject a severely fearful dog to force, challenging and domination is a recipe for disaster
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-04-2008, 09:29 PM
would not say you could ever call a red sone pittbull a playfull puppy
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-04-2008, 09:33 PM
never said i force my dogs to do anything. also dont see where a human presence gives you dog a right to defend himself
Page 46 of 102 « First < 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 96 > Last »