View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 02:09 PM
I can't see the vids because it says that I have java turned off, I'm mobile, perhaps that is what is the prob.
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
If he is so bad, why is he so popular and successfull?

Adam

The dog has no choice but to comply. Just because he gets results does not mean he has the dogs best interest at heart. It does not mean he understands dogs and their body language (which looking at those Vids he CLEARLY doesn't) it simply means he has taken an animal beaten it into submission and declared it "trained"
unfortunately there are too many people out there, yourself included, who do NOT understand dog body language
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 02:36 PM
If he is so bad, why is he so popular and successfull?

Adam
Is he? Sorry, you've put up so many video links now that it would be impossible to watch them all. I did watch the earlier ones you posted up and all they served to do was confirm my beliefs.

How do 'you' measure success, Adam? I measure it by not only a good end result for the owner, but for the dog also. I measure it by the route taken to achieve that success with both dog and owner happy and comfortable throughout the procedure. I just wonder what your criteria is??
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Which can also appears as overstimulated stress.

Adam
Aha, so it is as I thought - there is no way you can substantiate your "inaccuracies".

One more chance - show the proof for your "inaccurate" claims

Wys
x

PS your reply dodges the questions in the post. No point in doing that.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Dawes Paws View Post
No no no! PLEASE tell me you do mo think that guy knows what he is talking about?! i have seen his videos and was close to tears! his dogs are petrified of him. If you watch the one with teaching "down" the dog is almost trembling with fear. It made me sick to my stomach!
I never watch Adam's vids, but if this is true (and I am quite sure it is) then it illustrates why Adam is so happy to use aversives - he cannot see or does not care that dogs are hurt mentally or physically in the process of his training

It is truly sickening and if the video is showing a frightened dog, scared of the methods used and/or the handler, then that is horrible and tantamount to abuse.

Wys
x
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Its all open to how we view it and in many cases our percieved ideas about what the training is like.

Adam

Btw if you don't watch my vids why should I bother with yours.
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 03:39 PM
I wish i hadn't seen it tbh. Using a prong collar to teach down by standing on the lead and forcing the dog into a down. Of course he doesn't need to use the word "stay" as the dog darent attempt to move
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Its all open to how we view it and in many cases our percieved ideas about what the training is like.

Adam

Btw if you don't watch my vids why should I bother with yours.
Its nothing to do either how i "view" it or anyone's perception
Its FACT that the dogs in those Vids are scared. Not a view a fact. You uneducated arrogant ignorant person!
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-02-2011, 03:47 PM
For the past 10 or 20 years reward based methods have taken off, both in this country and abroad.
Many of the big organisations only advocate reward based and the doggy press is full of it.

Why are prong collars becoming increasingly popular?

If reward based is so good and you don't need anything else how come averisve seems to be the new thing?

Adam
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 03:55 PM
For the past 10 or 20 years reward based methods have taken off, both in this country and abroad.
Many of the big organisations only advocate reward based and the doggy press is full of it.

Why are prong collars becoming increasingly popular?

If reward based is so good and you don't need anything else how come averisve seems to be the new thing?

Adam
Any stats to back up your claims there Adam?
Closed Thread
Page 46 of 71 « First < 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 > Last »