Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
tbh i know a lot of people in your position who the "fad" has upset, especially for a lot of people who are now losing business as people are looking to the crosses rather than your breed standard poodle

I just feel as long as they are being ethically breed from and the owner is 100% positive it is the cross they want are not being misled then it cant be the worst thing to happen to the dog community.

But I can imagine how frustrating it must be for you. Just dont feel it should be put on those who are trying to go about things the right way. For those who are trying to exploit the poodle by spreading lies mis-selling, puppy farming by all means fire away. I just wanted to make people aware if they are willing to do the proper searching which I would do for any pup whether cross or ped they can find good ethical breeders.
I wouldn't imagine there were many ethical breeders of Doodlemans...The Dobermann suffers enough due to health problems I can't help thinking that particular cross has nothing positive to offer -- It's a really silly one, yet folks still do it for monetary gain........

FWI, I can sadly see it from all sides, but you have to admit things are getting rather silly.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 10:50 PM
tbh i know a lot of people in your position who the "fad" has upset, especially for a lot of people who are now losing business as people are looking to the crosses rather than your breed standard poodle

I just feel as long as they are being ethically breed from and the owner is 100% positive it is the cross they want are not being misled then it cant be the worst thing to happen to the dog community.

But I can imagine how frustrating it must be for you. Just dont feel it should be put on those who are trying to go about things the right way. For those who are trying to exploit the poodle by spreading lies mis-selling, puppy farming by all means fire away. I just wanted to make people aware if they are willing to do the proper searching which I would do for any pup whether cross or ped they can find good ethical breeders.
Actually it's miniature poodles Don't worry they are always getting called toys and standards because people don't get the sizes

Even doing things the 'right' way I don't agree with.. Unless it's to improve a breed like people have said about Dally's. I know the likes of the Irish Water Spaniel most likely has poodle in it but it was bred for a working purpose not just for the sake of it. And afterall some doodle breeders are basically breeding poodles

It really anoys me even more since I've found out my dogs pedigree has been stolen and used to breed these dogs!! Very unlikely it is actually the poodles side of the pedigree. I suppose alot of these dogs bred by min poodles will possibly have a pedigree the same as Blu's because I suppose for the money makers 'UK's top winning miniature poodle' in the pedigree sounds good
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 10:53 PM
tbh i really dont pay much attention to all of them. It seems some are one offs and very rare and others are very common and more likely to be subject to being abused for example the most commonly referred to "goldendoodle" labradoodle" and "cockapoo". It is unfortunate they seem to be trying any ped crossed with a poodle to see if it'll bite consumers

Just more reason to educate people against it. If they arent going about things the right way people need to learn not to be drawn in by the cute puppy picture and look at the bigger picture and walk away.
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
Actually it's miniature poodles Don't worry they are always getting called toys and standards because people don't get the sizes

Even doing things the 'right' way I don't agree with.. Unless it's to improve a breed like people have said about Dally's. I know the likes of the Irish Water Spaniel most likely has poodle in it but it was bred for a working purpose not just for the sake of it. And afterall some doodle breeders are basically breeding poodles

It really anoys me even more since I've found out my dogs pedigree has been stolen and used to breed these dogs!! Very unlikely it is actually the poodles side of the pedigree. I suppose alot of these dogs bred by min poodles will possibly have a pedigree the same as Blu's because I suppose for the money makers 'UK's top winning miniature poodle' in the pedigree sounds good
sorry i meant your "breed standard" poodle lol.
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Will say one thing, I hate people crossing them to dogs they know are larger or smaller and dont know how it will affect the make up of the dogs. Not a gamble i would be willing to take. I think it was the "miniture labradoodle" I had heard of
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 10:57 PM
sorry i meant your "breed standard" poodle lol.
Ah ok. That's what they get for naming it the standard poodle then

I imagine nearly all of the poodles crossed aren't breed standard anyway. I do know of one that was and the owner was soon dealt with by the breed clubs
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Will say one thing, I hate people crossing them to dogs they know are larger or smaller and dont know how it will affect the make up of the dogs. Not a gamble i would be willing to take. I think it was the "miniture labradoodle" I had heard of
So long as the min poodle is the stud then it should be 'ok' but not the other way around. I do notice the bitch is rarely a poodle right enough!
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Really? I havent heard of that before but I know they are by no means shall i say fond of the idea lol
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Really? I havent heard of that before but I know they are by no means shall i say fond of the idea lol
Kicked off them all!

Poodle clubs may not agree with crossing (don't blame them) but atleast they are well aware of health problems and correcting them. More than what can be said in some breeds where the owners know the problems but won't test
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
So long as the min poodle is the stud then it should be 'ok' but not the other way around. I do notice the bitch is rarely a poodle right enough!

Have found that with all of the dogs also. Just is a risk I wouldnt be willing to take. If your going to make a cross at least go with breeds which aren't going to be too clashing but i suppose this is where the debate lies isnt it.
Page 46 of 53 « First < 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 > Last »