Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
Thanks for putting up the link to Micks petition,I read it over a year.

It makes my point and makes your statment that RM on BAGS put wide runners in trap 1 a lie
What do you mean you read it over a year?

If dogs were not wrongly seeded, there would be no need for the petiton - would there?
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Direct your attention to the statement made in bold capitals as this is the main point of the poster.

I did ignore this when first posted.

The truth is and was posted on an ANTI Greyhound site by Orchard to refute this lie made by Jodie on her site and picked up by spot

This dog was breed for racing and was sold for racing, the breeder filled in all the proper paper work, the buyer did not fill in his return form and did not race the dog, the dog never raced under IGB rules
Excuse me - what are you accusing me of lying about here?
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

Again regards owners caring for their dog, in my youth I worked in a training yard... those dogs were better cared for than many a "pet dog"
Ok that's fine....but what happened to these dogs after they stopped being good enough to win races?
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Excuse me - what are you accusing me of lying about here?
Think it was Orchard greyhoundrescue that acussed you of that
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-12-2009, 03:27 PM
What do you mean you read it over a year?

If dogs were not wrongly seeded, there would be no need for the petiton - would there?

No.... It was Mick stating that the seeding was not all it should be.

I read and followed the arguments back and forth on the other forum and after a while decided that the seeding could be improved and he was right, that why I signed it(John Thompson) did you

The point I was making that when you state That a wide runner is placed in trap one You are a liar.... it does not happen, and his petition makes that fact very clear
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Dont we do that every single day? These dogs are there for racing, thats it, like it or lump it, they are there to earn their keep. They are NOT there to get injured or harmed thats not financially viable, likewise our pets when they are out, but they DO get harmed, attacked, injured, run over, go lame, pick up infection, not intentional though!
i dont think the two of them can be compared at all. people take their dogs out to give them exercise and enjoyment in their life, it is essential! racing a dog is not. any responsible owner will do their best for there dog.

i want jake to have fun and enjoy his life, so he gets out and offlead. but i judge the situation, and if for any reason i dont feel its safe to let him off, i wont. i would never put jake in a situation i feel is dangerous. yes, accidents happen and there is danger with most things in life, but i do my best to prevent him being in such a situation. i would NEVER put him in a situation that i know is so dangerous, and racing is. hence why so many poor dogs get seriously injured.

The other point is your video.

You show a lot of races where a dog falls over at the first bend then cut to a statment of some sort, you then show another race and so on, what you dont show is the rest of the race where in most cases the dog picks him self up and carries on racing.

Pure and utter PROPGANDA on your part.
so what about adrenaline??

Originally Posted by *SJ* View Post
The last video you've put up is of independant racing not GBGB registered where there is a vet at every meeting to deal with such injuries at the time they occur. I believe a vet should have to be present at the Independant tracks so that the dog in the last video could get immediate care. That said though we don't know if that dog was taken to a vet on the way home and unless proved otherwise it's wrong to try and give the impression that it was just left.
It really needs to be looked at in balance and based on good factual evidence and not just from one side.
the video specifically said that they didnt know if the dog received vet treatment... they didnt try to make out s/he didnt get any.

Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
If you accept that the dog continuing to run after a fall is not an indication of evidence that the fall was not catastrophic then I am at a loss as to why you are complaining that it is not shown.
so am i... no idea what he is trying to get across with that one...

The point I was making that when you state That a wide runner is placed in trap one You are a liar.... it does not happen, and his petition makes that fact very clear
how rude are you!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Ok that's fine....but what happened to these dogs after they stopped being good enough to win races?

They were retired to sofas and firesides, with either the owner or new home!!!!!!!!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
i dont think the two of them can be compared at all. people take their dogs out to give them exercise and enjoyment in their life, it is essential! racing a dog is not. any responsible owner will do their best :
So greyhounds dont like to run/chase!!!!!!!!!!!doing what they are bred for is not an essential part of their lives
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
i dont think the two of them can be compared at all. people take their dogs out to give them exercise and enjoyment in their life, it is essential! racing a dog is not. any responsible owner will do their best for there dog.

i want jake to have fun and enjoy his life, so he gets out and offlead. but i judge the situation, and if for any reason i dont feel its safe to let him off, i wont. i would never put jake in a situation i feel is dangerous. yes, accidents happen and there is danger with most things in life, but i do my best to prevent him being in such a situation. i would NEVER put him in a situation that i know is so dangerous, and racing is. hence why so many poor dogs get seriously injured.
Racing isnt dangerous, if it were every dog that runs would be mangled, they are accidents, just like everything else, to suggest otherwise is wrong.

When a greyhound runs, it IS enjoying it, why do you think it does it?
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2009, 06:56 PM
I fail to see how relating the number of injured dogs destoyed to overall dogs raced - in terms of percentages - justifies the carnage. Estimated to be 1,500 annually - is this number not an issue for you?

How much time do you think the vet is allocated to inspect prior to and after racing AND treat injuries?

As regards the 'impression that it was just left' - you will have to take that up with the BBC, as they made the film.

Unfortunately the racing industry consistently fail to supply 'good factual evidence' of good welfare - I wonder why?
1500 annually is an estimation not an accurate figure.

I know exactly how much time the vets have prior to and after racing AND to treat injuries thank you. Please don't assume I don't.

Watching the video you posted certainly left me with that impression which is why I said that and why no doubt it was posted. Oh and by the way the 'it' you underlined was regarding the dog's leg NOT the dog as you would obviously like to believe.

Here's some factual evidence for you, I had five racing greyhounds who in total raced 556 races between them. During their racing one unfortunately had a fall but was not injured although the fall looked horrendous when it happened similar to those on that video you posted.

Where are those five greyhounds now? All quite happily laying in my front room, having been cared for to the highest standard whilst racing and are continuing to be cared for to the highest standard in their retirement.
Page 46 of 157 « First < 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 96 146 > Last »