Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yes, this is turning into such a beautiful thread with the poems, the thought put into the wording of all the posts, the love we are showing for all animals not just our own, only goes to show what big hearts we all must have, and yes, that includes YOU!

You wouldn't believe how much comfort I find in here at the moment and your pm's to me, it's holding back the tears that's for sure.

I'm glad I read the sign right then and you don't think I'm being daft, but it was just so very strange at the time. I won't be telling Dave about it though, he'll think I've totally lost it now!

Thanks you guys.xxx

Here's a beautiful poem I have found:

They say memories are golden, well, maybe that is true,
I never wanted memories, I only wanted you.
A million times I cried,
If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly, in death I love you still,
In my heart you hold a special place that no-one else can fill.
If tears could build a stairway and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven and bring you back again.
Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same,
But as God calls us back one by one, the chain will link again.
This is a poem I have for all my pets that have passed. I think it sums up everything that you can feel at the loss of a beloved pet
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Hi Helena , I have just caught this thread and learnt the sad news about Cassie (hug) ....so many sad threads on Dogsey at the moment I can hardly bring myself to read them Cassie will be in good company with Oscar, Mo and Amy...(hug)xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 06:24 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Helena , I have just caught this thread and learnt the sad news about Cassie (hug) ....so many sad threads on Dogsey at the moment I can hardly bring myself to read them Cassie will be in good company with Oscar, Mo and Amy...(hug)xxx
You're right Mini, it's very sad, and I'm hardly surprised you are having trouble reading it *hug*.
xox
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi Mini, I'm so sorry for your sad loss of Amy, I really didn't know until I just looked it up after Vicki said what she said in her post which made me think. I'll pm you, but thankyou for your thought for us, I wish I had been here for you too at your sad time. Hugs to you.xxx

Yes Wolfie, I had that poem engraved on my casket for my horse 2 years ago, and like you say, it just about sums it all up doesn't it.

Today has not been a good day for poor Dave, because it's his first day at home, and because we were refitting the lounge with all our stuff so we can now move back in there, I happened to put some framed pictures up of my little baby, and poor Dave broke down. He went outside to her little place of rest and spent a long time out there with her. Somehow, I feel a lot better today, maybe it's because of that single pink rose on the floor I don't know, but I'm coming to terms with it all, and I just know she's somewhere around me getting under my feet like she always did! She always shadowed me everywhere and now Georgie's taking to doing that, but that's probably because he feels a bit insecure at the moment and doesn't want to lose me I suppose. Somehow I think he turned a corner last night though, because he had one of his funny turns on the new rug in the lounge!! He decided to toss all the cushions in the air off the sofa and roll around on this big soft fluffy rug and make silly noises, almost as if to say "have we got our home back now then"! They've both been pushed from pillar to post a bit over the past 4 months and deep down I really feel this didn't help Cassie's state of mind, especially being an old girl, they don't like change do they, and the poor dogs never really had "their place" for a long time here. How sad that Cassie isn't here now to enjoy a comfortable relaxed atmosphere here at home, not a happy atmosphere I'm afraid, a lovely new house but far from being a "home" at the moment if you know what I mean, without her in it.

Thanks Luz, I'm hoping she is x

Every day is a hurdle at the moment, but somehow we're managing to get over them. There is a bit of good news, Georgie adored an old black lab we met this morning and they played for a long time so I'm hoping he's slowly coming to terms that his beloved isn't here anymore. I hope so anyway, he's already experienced great loss in his short life, his previous owner died and his owner before that dumped him, and now this! Poor little man, but don't worry, he's here for good and will be loved more than he has ever known. Take care all. xxxxx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Oh I am so deeply sorry to read you have lost Cassie, very sorry indeed.

Reading about the rose brought tears to my eyes, I truly believe it was a sign for you, as if to say I'm okay Mum. Sorry to hear Dave has had a bad time today, I hope as time goes on the pain lessens and he is able to cope better.

It is a difficult path to travel when they leave us, my thoughts and prayers are with you. xxx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 05:15 PM
I can only imagine how you're feeling because you've made me roar! It must be how I'm feeling but 1,000 fold (or more).

My heart is with you Helena it really is and I'm so glad Cassie had a peaceful end.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks Anne-Marie, never forgetting how very brave you were too!x

Thanks Lottie, yes, definitely tears from deep within my soul flowing here and they really hurt I can tell you. Thanks and I hope you feel better soon.x
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 05:42 PM
OMG ! Have only just caught this thread

My thoughts are with you Helena, i know how hard it is. Sending lots of hugs
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks Doggydina, it was a surprise to me too that it was only another 8 days after her diagnoses, but it wasn't a day too late to save her suffering, coz I just wouldn't/couldn't let that happen to her. As the vet said to me at the time of her passing, "you wouldn't believe the things I have to see when people have left it too late," and I'm hoping anyone who might be reading this thread and perhaps be in the same position we were, will think twice before they get to that stage. There's an old saying that goes "if you love them, let them go" I think, so that's why I had to make the decision. I might add, on the night I actually decided, when I was on here chatting and she didn't seem comfortable walking, after phoning my vet, I think I went into shock, coz I couldn't stop shaking and my voice went all quivery and I went as cold as ice. That was quite scary in itself, so I made a cup of tea with lots of sugar (which I hate in tea!!!)and I was ok. God knows what would have happened to poor Cassie if Dave had had to call an ambulance out for me too!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Hi Aitch, hope you're doing ok. Poor Dave, today will have been difficult with him being at home. Hope Georgie manages to settle ok. One day at a time sweetie. xxxxx
Page 45 of 49 « First < 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 > Last »