Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
your Iams/Eukanuba comments making Crufts unethical...
I asked more questions than that too
That isn't the sole reason I don't go, which is what you were implying.

I have never even thought about going to a country show.

Think that was everything?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
That isn't the sole reason I don't go, which is what you were implying.

I have never even thought about going to a country show.

Think that was everything?
I didn't imply that. I said the line of argument had changed since I was out and now it had become a question of ethics.

I asked if you think Jemima H would boycott or want people to boycott Crufts?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Would you like to point out where I said they werent the same company....I SAID IAMS DONT SPONSER CRUFTS.
By the way neither do charmin, gillette, pringles or any other company so where exactly was I wrong.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I didn't imply that. I said the line of argument had changed since I was out and now it had become a question of ethics.

I asked if you think Jemima H would boycott or want people to boycott Crufts?
OK, no it's not JUST about ethics, it's just that that is what we're currently discussing.

I have no idea if Jemima H would boycott or want people to. I've never met the woman.

Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Would you like to point out where I said they werent the same company....I SAID IAMS DONT SPONSER CRUFTS.
By the way neither do charmin, gillette, pringles or any other company so where exactly was I wrong.
I found your comments and quoted them a while back. If you're as passionate about proving me wrong as you were at the start I'm sure you'll find them.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Shesh enough with the b!tching already!!
Pidge said sorry for inflametory comments, that was accepted
If she says the purpose of the thread wasnt to start a fight but rather a debate then we have to take her word for it

People are allowed to like crufts and have their oppinions on it
but also people are allowed NOT to like it, and there is nothing wrong with people wanting to share their oppinions on that too
having a witch hunt on someone and picking on their personal values is out of order - someone can dislike crufts without having to justify what tampons they buy - that is out of order

Fair enough if some of the antis beliefs on crufts are wrong I have no problem people saying that - this is a debate thats cool

Noone has said anyone on here dosent love their dogs, do the best for them or have a right to enjoy a show

People on here can say they dont like agility, HWtM, whatever, but I dont feel the need to get personal with them about it, each to their own, I know the sports I do with my dogs they enjoy very much and I make sure the day is all about them
If you feel the same about crufts then thats cool, but leave us the right to dislike it if we wish
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
What I meant was the purpose behind winning these shows is to command high prices for stud fees and pups from the winning breeder's bloodline.

Top winning show dogs and pups from them command no higher a stud fee than other well bred health tested dogs, nor do the pups.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 04:59 PM
You really need to get your facts straight Willy was born over here and shown over here. He subsequently went to the US and came back for Crufts.
Pidge I really wish you'd check your facts oh and by the way you cant buy Iams at Crufts never have been able to.
There you go, you can't buy Iams at Crufts but you can buy Eukanuba, as I said !!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 05:00 PM
I love watching Crufts, never shown a dog as it's just not for me, but enjoy watching dogs being shown, I've never seen an unhappy miserable dog being dragged around the ring, the way they trot tails wagging shows they are thoroughly enjoying themselves.

I've also used Crufts winners at stud, and stud fees are exactly the same as any other stud dog
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 05:03 PM
There you go, you can't buy Iams at Crufts but you can buy Eukanuba, as I said !!
But they are one and the same thing, just called something different. I was being old skool by calling it Iams. My point is still correct and you (quite nastily) said otherwise.

I haven't once criticised you in this thread or accused show folk of animal cruelty yet you have replied to all my posts with a very nasty tone, refused to accept that I was right on this point and then got personal by trying to say I have no credibility because Woody is my first ever dog.

In addition, you threatened to leave the forum and to put me on ignore. Neither of which you have followed through. Who's attention seeking here.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Cant put you on ignore as you seem to be an admin!!!!
And I replied to you as you asked, you started the thread not me if you dont like the replies you get its not my fault,and at no time did I get personal I aked you to get your fact right.
Your the one who said we all submit our dogs to heated auditorium and implied we were cruel, you cant expect us all to sit back and take it.
Oh and I dont need to attention seek, sorry I'll leave that to you, your so good at it
Page 45 of 103 « First < 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 55 95 > Last »