Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Is this all based upon the "Act of God" theory? I.e. they don't realise it's you, that it's happening because of their behaviour. You know full well that this is utter crap and they will make associations you cannot even contemplate. I can't believe anyone could be that stupid and if you are, you have no business calling yourself a dog trainer.

Still, you have said (elsewhere) that "clients/circumstance, lack of skill dictated that was a no go" - 'that' being "purely positive" techniques. "Clients" being the fact that they wanted results.

A good trainer would teach the client and "wanting results" is NO REASON to punish, harm, abuse a dog!

Ditch the cruel, sadistic techniques and your disgusting mentors and train dogs properly, with kindness and empathy.
Please.
One trainer actually refers to it as higher power syndrome!
If they knew it was you how would it work on fear aggressive dogs, they'd just attack you!
Or on dominant aggressive dogs, they'd just attack you!

Seeing as e collars are used a great deal for these very problems (including dogs with bite histories) how come it works?

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...s=15,19&page=1
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
If they knew it was you how would it work on fear aggressive dogs, they'd just attack you!

Seeing as e collars are used a great deal for these very problems (including dogs with bite histories) how come it works?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=e+collar+aggression&suggested _categories=15,19&page=1
I already told you, Adam, that I won't watch anymore of your videos about abusing dogs. It sickens me.

"Higher power syndrome" my ar5e! What it is with you lot - you have to give it some kind of name to try to take away from the fact that you are abusing dogs.

It may, in some cases, APPEAR to work (but not in all) because the dogs are confused and terrified that they will get hurt. And what about the aftermath? The fall out from your abuse? God, it must make you feel so powerful to shock a dog - yes, SHOCK, not stim, and watch it react in confusion and fear.

"How come it works?" You are asking me? If you were a trainer worth his salt you wouldn't even ask. You would tell - convincingly. But you cannot do that because you are preaching rubbish.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Oh flippin heck, Adam's got a God syndrome. Time to get worried.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 10:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=e+collar+aggression&suggested _categories=15,19&page=1
Are you sure?

How many fear aggressive and dominant aggressive do you have experience of? How do you know, in your limited experience, how to tell which is which and if any dogs you have met were either? Or instead of labelling, was there any other cause for behaviour which led you to believe they were fear aggressive/dominant aggressive?
Don't run before you can walk. Great saying, that.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Oh flippin heck, Adam's got a God syndrome. Time to get worried.
LOL---more like a Lucifer syndrome!

rune
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 11:01 PM
TBH I think it is even more cruel and confusing for the dog if you wish for him to believe the shock isnt coming from you but from somewhere out there

If someone beat you with a stick it would be scary, but you would know where it was coming from and possible do something about it

If people blindfolded you and just randomly beat you without you knowing it was coming it is far far worse

and many dogs will realise the shock only happens after you put the collar on - no collar no shock

You seem to think dogs are very dumb that they cannot make the connection there but they are amazingly smart that they figure out that coming back to you turns the shock off
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
LOL---more like a Lucifer syndrome!
Doncha just hate megalomaniacs?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 11:06 PM

You said elsewhere that you couldn't help but thinking you would have used a more reward based approach with Jacca.
Poor Jacca, the poor soul.
Which did you determine he was then, when you decided to abuse him with an e-collar? Given that his previous owners might have done that too, at a higher level? Am I right?

Did you decide he was "fear aggressive" or "dominant aggressive" before you stuck the boot in, err, I mean tortured the poor little dog with an electric collar?

And did he attack you?

Did you use treats and did he behave submissively?

Did that teach you nothing?

Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
TBH I think it is even more cruel and confusing for the dog if you wish for him to believe the shock isnt coming from you but from somewhere out there

If someone beat you with a stick it would be scary, but you would know where it was coming from and possible do something about it

If people blindfolded you and just randomly beat you without you knowing it was coming it is far far worse

and many dogs will realise the shock only happens after you put the collar on - no collar no shock

You seem to think dogs are very dumb that they cannot make the connection there but they are amazingly smart that they figure out that coming back to you turns the shock off
Good point!

Poor bl**dy dogs.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 11:20 PM
You seem to think that "lots of trainers refer to the collar as making the dog responsible for his actions", that is utter rubbish because the dog is not "responsible" in human terms. Many behaviours are governed by instinct. That is what makes a dog a dog.

Why can't you take the time to work WITH the dog and become a really good trainer instead of taking short cuts by punishing the dog? You will never become a good trainer by going down this route and will adversely affect every dog you deal with.
Closed Thread
Page 44 of 206 « First < 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 54 94 144 > Last »