View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Loved it. Managed to survive the Tyler introduction. Amy Needed a bit of handling practise & some dog training classes. The lad needed a serious kick up the pants. I was half expecting to see Tyler plus sleeping bag in the middle of the yard. Came out good.

Bring back national service...

Amazing place.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 04:31 PM
I thought it was boring but I did admire Amy's fortitude. I certainly would not have wanted to swap places-the cold, the sheer volume of noise from all those dogs barking and poop-scooping for 88 dogs!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Just watching it now and it looks good
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 06:40 PM
The canu full of dogs being pulled by a snow mobile is about the funniest thing i ever seen
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I still can't work out what they saw in the trees on the way to the river..
It was a moose, I had to rewind it and slow it down, but could make it out and was a big Moose!
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2012, 08:27 PM
I thought the show was quite interesting; me and my OH have been mushing with dogs just like those, in Canada, & they lived just like them too. The dogs we went out with were wonderfully fit with not an ounce of fat on them; we even got to have a good chat with the "mushers" - they were totally committed. That was their life and it was brilliant to see in real life and be a part of it, so made the programme quite special. Those guys give themselves 100% to their dogs. The dogs are a credit to them.
I thought Amy was great - she gave it her all. Tyler needed a rocket but I blame the way he was on his mother - she should have been much tougher with him, he had no respect for her or the dogs to start with; glad to see he'd changed on his return.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2012, 09:59 PM
I just watched the husky episode..

It was interesting but personally with all the episodes I would like to see how both the place they go, and the owners themeselves train the dogs.

It makes it out to be magical, fix yourself and you will fix your dog. It's clear at the end a trainer has helped them achieve the results with their own dogs; sit, stay, recall etc.
Personally it's the actual training process that I would be interested to watch. Would be great to see how sheepdogs, racing dogs etc are trained.

Hollywood episode was rubbish, those men were dim and dimmer - that 'special tactic' training clip was cut very short as clearly shoving the dogs bums was having no effect.
The tiny crates were horrible, especially the fact that so many of the dogs were driven to toileting in them.
The place looked like chaos, how on earth do the dogs chill out with the guys grabbing them if they move to the edge and constantly being humped?!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Just finally watching this weeks episode. Loved the dogs, gorgeous. Amy did really well, the guy was annoying and lazy.

I would rather it was a series called 'working with dogs' or something and just showed these different working dogs and how they're trained, etc..with none of the owners part...
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
I just watched the husky episode..

It was interesting but personally with all the episodes I would like to see how both the place they go, and the owners themeselves train the dogs.

It makes it out to be magical, fix yourself and you will fix your dog. It's clear at the end a trainer has helped them achieve the results with their own dogs; sit, stay, recall etc.
Personally it's the actual training process that I would be interested to watch. Would be great to see how sheepdogs, racing dogs etc are trained.

Hollywood episode was rubbish, those men were dim and dimmer - that 'special tactic' training clip was cut very short as clearly shoving the dogs bums was having no effect.
The tiny crates were horrible, especially the fact that so many of the dogs were driven to toileting in them.
The place looked like chaos, how on earth do the dogs chill out with the guys grabbing them if they move to the edge and constantly being humped?!
Totally agree
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tass View Post
Totally agree
I agree too, no way would I have left my dogs there!!!
Page 42 of 43 « First < 32 39 40 41 42 43 >