Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
thanks for your reply

i hate breeders who are only breeding for money but unfortunatley this seems to be the motive for to many breeders, and like you i also think there should be some form of legislation but as you say its not likely to happen.
No problem at all. Im the same. I was going to get an ex-breeding bitch Mini Schnauzer, on the day I was coming down to get her they trebled their price because they knew how interested I was from my questioning. I was furious and told them they wouldnt receive a penny off me. Poor dog hope it found its forever home but I couldnt give my money to someone who could do that even though it was still within my price range
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
Ahh right. Im very new to all this showing stuff because obviously I own crossbreeds so ive just thought about it for the future. Maybe you could sneak me in quietly in a few years time

Ahh right lol no I was just wearing a top no jumber.

This is Muffin who I was in with dont know if you would recognise her. Also had my little JRT cross with me who was getting a lot of attention who is black with a little white chest.
Don't worry there is other ringcrafts around you just need to search for them! It's actually not that bad aslong as you don't talk to any of them

Umm not sure if I recognise her. You must have been kind of near me because there was people next to me with the oldie tops on! I saw one JRT in the adult class.

Looking on the oldies site and there is a lovely little poodle If it was nearer and she got on ok with men then dad might of taken her. He had a look today at dogs but everything was too big etc for him!
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Im trying to help bring Oldies into Scotland, they dont have many volunteers up here so if anyone wants to rehome one of the dogs they need to travel down south which of course can be a big deterrent. Baby steps but eh, there was a lot of interest today so hopefully well see more up this way
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Im trying to help bring Oldies into Scotland, they dont have many volunteers up here so if anyone wants to rehome one of the dogs they need to travel down south which of course can be a big deterrent. Baby steps but eh, there was a lot of interest today so hopefully well see more up this way
Well if there is ever any poodles (min or toy) then you know where I am to pass the info onto dad! He's been looking to get a dog but nothing in the rescue has taken his fancy so I think he is aswell sticking to poodles or maybe a bichon!
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Defo. will keep you up to date
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:50 PM
No problem at all. Im the same. I was going to get an ex-breeding bitch Mini Schnauzer, on the day I was coming down to get her they trebled their price because they knew how interested I was from my questioning. I was furious and told them they wouldnt receive a penny off me. Poor dog hope it found its forever home but I couldnt give my money to someone who could do that even though it was still within my price range
aw what horrible people to put money before a loving home for their dog it must have been really hard for you leaving her there like that, i would have done the same x
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by vicstick86 View Post
poor examples?.....so your telling me that all the hundreds of ongoing illness claims I see at work everyday for pedigree dogs, are based purely on irresponsible breeders? Theres obviously a lot of them out there thats all I can say
And can I ask have all these claims been due to Hereditary Illnesses from Pedigree Dogs?? I read of one case recently where the Insurance company of an insured dog would not pay out as it was an illness that could have been tested for SO hopefully this may be taken up by other insurances and will assist Ethical Breeders in the future.
I would also like to answer your quote re widening of the Gene pool. This imo would be difficult with Doodle Crosses especially as there are so many made up Peds so infact imo very close relations could be getting/ been bred and Joe Public will/ would never know
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 03:14 AM
I dont know how anyone can come on here and judge people for the type of dog they have.
Yet you go on about pedigree dogs and judge them and the problems they may or may not have

And how people can come on here and say oh you shouldnt pay that much for a cross breed, If they want to and they have the money why not! Its no different to paying through the nose for a pedigree with a poulted gene pool, and the associated health problems.
why not stretch out the gene pool and in the mean time make some lovely new dogs.
You again answered yourself about the inflated prices that can come with designer dogs with the quote below
All fad dogs end inevitably end up in rehoming centres. It happened with the staffy, it happens more and more with the snow dogs, and it will happen to designer cross breeds
Whilst I hate that, that happens, its greedy ******* humans for you!
They are many labradoodles where I walk my dog, and they are all fab, but there are so many fab pedigrees and mongrels there too... not just based on the breed but the owners that have them.
They dont think they are better for having crossbreeds theyve done there homework and decided they like the idea of that cross.
I don't think it is just based on the breed or the owners it all starts of with the breeder that breeds them, inflated prices due to the popularity of the breed or cross, would give a lot of people concern as it would seem more about money than anything else

And as for people who are stupid buying these dogs, there will always be stupid dog owners who dont understand what goes into owning a dog, and will think and do stupid things, and these misunderstood dogs end up in a rehoming centre.... But this has always happened, stupid people follow dogs trends and thats why you see more stupid people with them, but this isnt the breeds faults......
This is a concern for people in regards to Designer dogs, some are overwhelmed by the amount of DD that end up in rehoming centres.
No where has anyone blamed a breed or a dog for the actions that humans can only have a hand in
And a few of you on here are showing yourselves up to be just as thick, moronic and ignorant.
You're supposed to be adults!
You answered yourself and showed you are no better than what you accuse others of

what Im trying to say is people shouldnt be rude and judgemental about peoples choice of dog, if theyve made an informed decision and are commited to owning a dog... thats great no matter what breed.
I just found some peoples comments on here rather unkind, and snobbish, talking down to people because theyd chosen a cross-breed.

And as for money making and grabbing, are any of you pedigree lovers aware of what goes on in a puppy farm???? Is that not money grabbing at its worst and most disgusting.
Who said anything about puppy farming being otherwise Puppy farmers are not exclusively pedigree or exclusively cross breeding.

You seemed to have answered yourself with the two posts you made, so I am unsure of what you are really upset about
You judged yet are upset about others judging.
You talk of people blaming a dog breed when that is ludicrous as we all know human hands are responsible.
You are upset about people being rude yet you are rude yourself.
You say fashionable dogs end up in rehoming centres, that is one of the issues people have with fad dogs, but are upset as people question others motives for wanting more designer dogs.
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
aw what horrible people to put money before a loving home for their dog it must have been really hard for you leaving her there like that, i would have done the same x
It broke my heart. I questioned myself many times. But if that hadn't happened I wouldnt have continued my search and found my little dog Totts who is just perfect for us. Every cloud and what not.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Wow just read all 43 pages (i should be working but i have a cold comming on fast and really can be bothered!!! Slap my wrist i know . . ) and i thought the NI threads got pointless and rambly.

Now i have nothing against cross breeds or new breeds (i have a lurcher and 2 x NI after all) but i dont get where these DD are going. Of the doodles i have met they have all been f1 crosses and on the net i can only seem to find mention of f3 crosses. Whats the max number of generations that doodles have been bred to doodles? Crossing labs and poodles is not a new breed going to make its just supply and demand of this cross. This is what i have an issue with.

Dont get me wrong KC recognition is not the be all and end all, in its current form i have no desire for the KC to recognise the NI. I think they fall short of what they should be a WAY short of what they could be, i think its become less about the dogs and more about money. Its a business and IMHO when business and animals met its always the animals which suffer. But they should be aiming for something!

Another problem i have is people being misinformed that this is a breed already and not a cross.

There was a lady in the park who had two cockerpoo's (littermates), she was sure they were in fact a breed and not a cross. She was also told they would be non shedding and make a wonderful family pets that would be easy for her to handle. We saw her in the distance a few times after this and both dogs were now on lead all the time. We met her again a few months after the first time and it was a very different lady standing in front of us. The dogs had no recall, shed and were causing her problems with her gradkids as they kept knocking them over. She really was at the end of her rope with them and i have to say they were both nutty as a box of frogs! Delightful in there way but too much for one older lady to cope with and not what she was told they were going to be. We havent seen her now since before christmas i like to think she has just found a enclosed place to walk them but i suspect they may just have been rehomed, she really was struggling. Of course people who know the two breeds would have been able to tell her this outcome of temperment was more then likely by crossing too energic breeds but she was taken in my the sales line.
Page 42 of 53 « First < 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 52 > Last »