View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

09-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Pet name - name inflicted upon me by virtue of family democracy (won't make that mistake again...)

KC name - Black Amaethon. Black....because she's black...Amaethon is female Celtic God of luck....she came over from Ireland to Scotland (Celtic connection) and she was foudn as part of an abandoned litter at the roadside so she was lucky
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Moon came with his name. He was imaginative named the same as every other black dog in Vietnam seems to be Moin is the Vietnamese word for black. However I always knew him as Moon and it suited him so it stuck. Although he got called him nickname, Spoon, a lot more

Cain's full name is technically Hurricane as the first week we got him he basically destroyed everything in his path!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 09:01 AM
BELLA coz she's BEAUTIFUL!
Ballybee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2011, 10:41 PM
My furbaby is called Tummel after the area in Perthshire, Tummel valley/bridge/loch/river. It's a stunning place to be and means a lot to both my OH and myself and it just felt right for our new 10.5 week old pup when we got him
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Ben was already called Ben by the rescue when I got him.

Copper is a fox red colour and was named after the dog in the Fox and the Hound after trying to think of fox-like names for him.

Jet because he was black, and went with the colour theme we had going with Copper. Ironically Jet is now no longer jet black, he's very dark red.....
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Minnie-already named
K'Ehleyr and Ishka off star trek as I love it
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Basset the Bernese; we were living in France and spoke limited French when we got him. We picked our puppy and went to tell the breeder which one we wanted - only to find we had reserved a basset hound instead of a Bernese, so we had to wait for another litter of berneses!

To make things more confusing when we told the breeder what we were going to call him they told us it must begin with a T. (in France pedigree names have a new letter each year I believe) so he is actually called The basset!

Kestral the buhund; I like the name. No idea where I got it from..had it earmarked as a child's name in the far future but everyone was repulsed by it so I thought finding a consenting father to agree would be tricky so the poor dog is stuck with it!
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Whisper had been named at the dog pound (which shows they must have got fairly attached to her even there!) and the rescue had kept it. She knew it and we liked it a lot as it's not a common name and she is very quiet in the way she moves about so it is appropriate! xx

Apparently (found this out from her microchip) she was previously named Tico! Really can't imagine her being called that! Does not seem to suit her at all!

She gets called 'Whizzy' an awful lot by her silly mummy though - which she also answers to!
NeedAdvice
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Katie came with here already named ,ive just looked up the name and apparently it means pure blessed ,holy .
Gemii
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Tess - Because she was called Roxy when we got her, but we didn't like it, and Tess seemed to suit her! (I wanted to use Jess, but my cousin is Jess, and it may have offended her)
Page 41 of 46 « First < 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 > Last »