Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Same sentiments from me.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks again everyone - you've all been so great

Rocky's doing ok thanks - still plodding on and still enjoying life. However, since my last update (when I stopped grains and went back to raw) I felt he was losing too much weight again so went back to cooked. Instead of using rice I switched to sweet potatoes and veg to go with the chicken (along with one tripe a day) - that helped his weight a bit (but he was still too skinny for my liking) and while it slowed the the growth it hadn't stopped it - and because it's so big now, I don't think he'll be able to cope with it much bigger as it's bound to be pushing on his organs etc... so decided that quality of life for the rest of his life is more important now than trying to 'beat' it.

So I've put him on Orijen (80% protein from animal/fish 20% veg/fruit 0% grains) - partly because I keep wondering whether I am providing all the nutrients he needs by cooking his food myself, but also because I want to get his weight and energy levels back up if I can - to make his remaining time as comfortable as possible.

He's been such a trooper, has fought it really hard and out-lived the oncologists prognosis of 3-6 months. He's also helped show the effect of different foods on the growth which I hope will help others, but most of all he's been happy and loved and had lots of extra special cuddles... and gets to sleep on my bed

I know we haven't got long with him now, and while I know it's going to hurt like hell to say goodbye, I would never let him suffer. Anyway don't want to think about that. I'm looking forward to his energy levels going up and hopefully being able to take a few trips to some of his favourite walks and beaches - I think he is too, hence why he's not quite ready to pack it in right now

Thanks again for all your well-wishes and support, you've all been super xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Pleased to hear Rocky is still having a good quality of life Azz.

Thats all down to you trying all the diffrent food types till you get it right for him for the stages he is going through.

Enjoy your time I am sure the Orijen will boost him up and you will get to have some more fun times together.

(((Hugs))) for you both.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Awwww, how lovely to hear he's being such a trooper and coping so well, still enjoying his food, and even looking forward to some special short walks again. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes Azz for anything in the World, but of course, I already was there with Cassie with her huge lump, but just like her, I know Rocky will be telling his dad when he's had enough, he'll slow right up, and you'll see it in his eyes Azz just like I did that night

Until that time, which will hopefully be a long way off just yet, I'm pleased you've organised the best possible food for him to sustain his weight throughout this horrible time, and I'm also sure, he's enjoyed everything you've put in front of him, especially that home cooked food, but I was the same with that, I worried I wasn't giving enough of the essentials and it's more important for you now with Rocky.

I hope you have many happy hours, days, weeks, months even, ahead of you, to enjoy your little cuddles on the bed, the round and round the garden bits and everything else you enjoy with your wonderful, big brave friend you've got there, and even when he's gone, he'll still be there and forever, just remember that! All the best to your dearest boy, I will never forget over the years all those lovely pics you have posted of him enjoying life outdoors with you, and those years seem to go far too quickly don't they, we never realise just how much until the sad times like this, but you wouldn't have done it any different, he's been more spoiled than any of mine, and nobody could have done more, and he's repaying you for that now, by hanging on in there and fighting this as hard as he can. No need to ask what you'll be doing this afternoon then!!! Give him a gentle hug from us whilst you're at it, bless his great big heart.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Please give all those hugs and cuddles from me here too.
I do often think about you both and send out a vibe or two to you.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I do often think about you both and send out a vibe or two to you.
Same here........

Thinking of you both, please keep us updated on your gorgeous boy x
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Rocky is being such a brave soldier, bless him. Hope you get to have some lovely walks with him.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the update, Azz. You are both real troopers and I'm so pleased that Rocky is doing okay. I know you are facing an awful decision and I hope and pray it will be later rather than sooner. Just focus on now and both of you getting the very best out of now - I want to hear about all these lovely walks together and special times you have planned. I hope, too, that the change of diet helps with his energy levels. He is a lovely, lovely lad and you are a wonderful owner. You both deserve those lovely times and I'm so glad you found each other.

Please give him a gentle hug from me. A big kiss too.
xxxx
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Thanks guys xx you're all so sweet - had me in tears when I read your posts. Kinda get emotional easy these days :/

Thanks again and Rocky sends you all a big fat sloppy doppy kiss
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Thinking of you both can you give Rocky a gentle cuddle from me and my lot please x
Page 41 of 45 « First < 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 > Last »