View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 09:36 PM
In the interests of this thread I let mine on my bed for an hour the other day since I was changing it anyway.

Eh never again!!! Dog hair, grit, dirt, and god knows what else! Copper continually attempting to go get stinky dog drool infested balls and bring them up, Jet attempting to wrap himself around my head while I watch tv, Ben just looked at me like WTF I'm not getting up

My dogs must just be filthy compared to others

So, still a definite NO from me
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Since we got Whisper a huge dog duvet to sleep on (on the floor) she doesn't get on the bed so much now. She tends to get on the bed if we have a lay-in or whilst we're getting dressed in a morning but thankfully not very often in the night anymore.

She's just fairly big and takes up a lot of room lol. Especially as she always wants to be snuggled up as close as she can be to you.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 10:58 PM
I can't remember what I said in the thread previously, but Jake does sleep in my bed... When I move out though, he won't be! He sheds something awful and my bed gets covered. It never used to bother me, but it has started to. As I live with my parents though, and Jake is my dog, we spend most of my time in my room so when I want cuddles... it is on the bed When I move out, we will have the living room instead (the bed will be replaced with 'his' couch ).
ParadisMutts
New Member!
Female 

15-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Yep, I love having dogs in the bed. Cody sometimes doesn't want to, I think he hates when I toss and turn, so he will sleep half the time against my door during the night. Sometimes I wake up with him fast asleep on his back.
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Not for me but I do like them to be in the bedroom on/in their own beds. Both our own and fosters sleep with us but never get on our bed. Couldn't sleep if they were somewhere else in the house though.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2012, 02:34 PM
I love having my dogs in the bed, i don't think I could get to sleep without them.
Spud will get on and off and doesn't stay for long but Daisy gets under the duvet, shuffles herself so we are spooning and wedges her head under my boobs

I've also found it to be the quickest way to house train puppies through the night, as soon as they start to stir I'm up and outside with them, don't know what the poor mite must think of being whisked out of a nice warm bed and plonked onto cold grass though so far ( touch wood) we've had no accidents in the bed...3 puppies and counting.
ailsas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Both of mine have their own beds in our bedroom but they both choose to sleep on the bed beside us, oh isn't to keen but if he doesn't like it he can go to one of our spare rooms to sleep.
This was our sleeping arrangements when we just had a double bed

We now have a super king bed, one less sheltie and a Bichon but he still moans.
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Our first dog slept on our bed. She just stayed in one place and didn't snore. Subsequent dogs just didn't seem to settle - it was - under the covers, on top of the covers, onto the floor, back on the bed.

So now they sleep in their own beds which are probably as comfortable as mine.
Nellyspringer
New Member!
Female 

18-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Its a no from me simply because that is my qulilaty time with my cats!
Eddie's Mom
New Member!
Female 

20-04-2012, 10:31 AM
YES

We are a pack (of which I'm the leader) but to me it's the most natural thing in the world to sleep with my dog and share warmth. In the wild, that warmth would be life-sustaining. Throughout human history man-kind has shared his camp-fire and his swag with his faithful dog, and not much has changed at our house!

Size doesn't seem to be relevant though! I used to sleep with a very sweet (female) German Shepherd who was very accomodating and never hogged the bed...

Fast forward to the present and I've got to fight my (male)Jack Russell for every inch of the doona...

Eddie's Mom
Page 41 of 45 « First < 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 > Last »