Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
Will we all just pack in the towel now then. If we run out the poor breeders by only buying from responsible breeders there will be less dogs in rescue irrelevant of cross or ped. There are many peds also in rescue of course so will we just stop all breeding all dogs until the day all dogs are rehomed then a secret society dictate who breeds? Itll never happen because of human greed unfortunately. If you look them out there are many crossbreeders who test both parents etc.
we should deffo stop all irresponsible breeding of both pedigree and crossbreed, but its never gunna happen, the best that we can hope for is to educate the gp to buy puppies only from ethical breeders.

i can honestly say i tried to find a cockerpoo breeder who did all the tests recommended for them(by an american cp site i think it was) and i couldnt find a single one in this country

have you found many cross breeders who do 'all' the recommended tests of the the two breeds in the mix?
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:10 PM
See i still dont think I would want to breed him, so im not wanting to show so I can get a stud fee, Id only want to be there just for the fun and after being in the companion show ring with Muffin today who won first place for best veteran it was just such a good feeling to get placed. Was totally over the moon for her especially considering her unloved past. And the amount of people who loved seing Muffin and little Totts on our stall was just brilliant. Lots of cuddles from them all round. Had three people who wanted to buy or rehome Totts! I had to politley say she wasnt available and that there are plenty dogs like her in rehoming centres. Dont know if its a bad thing me just doint it for fun because I know there are people who want to/need to get noticed. I would just want to do it for the enjoyment factor.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
have you found many cross breeders who do 'all' the recommended tests of the the two breeds in the mix?
I often look at the adverts at the back of the magazines when mums friend gives me them and I can honestly say I've never saw an advert for health tested crosses.. But I've noticed adverts for pedigrees saying health tested parents so it's a step forward even if it is only hip scored!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:13 PM
I would just want to do it for the enjoyment factor.
Thats all I do It for... Sharing a hobby with the fur kids. I also started to want to get Into 'serious' showing after winning BIS with a whippet foster we had years ago. So when mum got Into the Cresties I just had to help handle at shows.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:14 PM
See i still dont think I would want to breed him, so im not wanting to show so I can get a stud fee, Id only want to be there just for the fun and after being in the companion show ring with Muffin today who won first place for best veteran it was just such a good feeling to get placed. Was totally over the moon for her especially considering her unloved past. And the amount of people who loved seing Muffin and little Totts on our stall was just brilliant. Lots of cuddles from them all round. Had three people who wanted to buy or rehome Totts! I had to politley say she wasnt available and that there are plenty dogs like her in rehoming centres. Dont know if its a bad thing me just doint it for fun because I know there are people who want to/need to get noticed. I would just want to do it for the enjoyment factor.
Just realised you would probaly have to go to my ringcraft.. Umm it's great really? (were you the person with the skull hoody by the way?)

There is often shows on in Lanark if you want to go along and have a look (if you live near there).
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
we should deffo stop all irresponsible breeding of both pedigree and crossbreed, but its never gunna happen, the best that we can hope for is to educate the gp to buy puppies only from ethical breeders.

i can honestly say i tried to find a cockerpoo breeder who did all the tests recommended for them(by an american cp site i think it was) and i couldnt find a single one in this country

I fully agree with the driving out irresponsible breeding. Ive said on other threads so will say the same on this one I do know of a few breeders just off hand that do run tests and ensure the pups are health checked, chipped have contracts, lifelong support and will accept the dog back for any reason at whatever age but I couldnt say exactly what the breeding dogs are tested for because they arent my dogs. Wouldnt want to say they defo do this that and the next because I dont know exactly. But I know for sure the do run breed related tests just unsure if it would be all of them.

It should become some form of legislation all puppies to be sold within the UK should come from tested parents but it would be far too difficult to enforce unfortunately. I feel as long as you do your homework ensure its the right dog for you, challenge the breeder dont be offended by the breeder asking you questions we could have so many less dogs in rescue. People just need to be better educated when buying dogs whether cross or ped. JMO
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
Just realised you would probaly have to go to my ringcraft.. Umm it's great really? (were you the person with the skull hoody by the way?)

There is often shows on in Lanark if you want to go along and have a look (if you live near there).
Would defo go for a look. But Im not planning on getting my RBT until im completely prepared for him which im not. Not in the right home yet but i will get there Hopefully in the next 5 years. I just like to know as much as i can about something before i get involved in it. For example the RBT i have been looking into for months now to ensure its the right breed for me but know its a long time before i will get one. thats fine by me cause it means i have longer to find my perfect RBT breeder.

And were you talking about the gala today? Cant tell if pun or serious dont know lol. Im awful at interpreting posts. I was volunteering on the oldies stall today so had on a "please sponsor me" top with the Oldies Club logo all over it lol.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Would defo go for a look. But Im not planning on getting my RBT until im completely prepared for him which im not. Not in the right home yet but i will get there Hopefully in the next 5 years. I just like to know as much as i can about something before i get involved in it. For example the RBT i have been looking into for months now to ensure its the right breed for me but know its a long time before i will get one. thats fine by me cause it means i have longer to find my perfect RBT breeder.

And were you talking about the gala today? Cant tell if pun or serious dont know lol. Im awful at interpreting posts. I was volunteering on the oldies stall today so had on a "please sponsor me" top with the Oldies Club logo all over it lol.
Ringcraft is where you train dogs for showing. The one you would probaly go to is the one I go to and it's awful for newcomers!

And for the skull hoody I was standing next to someone in veteran with an Oldies Club tshirt on (was 2 of them) but one of them had a white hoody with black skulls on it. I love stuff with skulls on it so thats why I remember ha
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:28 PM
I fully agree with the driving out irresponsible breeding. Ive said on other threads so will say the same on this one I do know of a few breeders just off hand that do run tests and ensure the pups are health checked, chipped have contracts, lifelong support and will accept the dog back for any reason at whatever age but I couldnt say exactly what the breeding dogs are tested for because they arent my dogs. Wouldnt want to say they defo do this that and the next because I dont know exactly. But I know for sure the do run breed related tests just unsure if it would be all of them.

It should become some form of legislation all puppies to be sold within the UK should come from tested parents but it would be far too difficult to enforce unfortunately. I feel as long as you do your homework ensure its the right dog for you, challenge the breeder dont be offended by the breeder asking you questions we could have so many less dogs in rescue. People just need to be better educated when buying dogs whether cross or ped. JMO

thanks for your reply

i hate breeders who are only breeding for money but unfortunatley this seems to be the motive for to many breeders, and like you i also think there should be some form of legislation but as you say its not likely to happen.
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
Ringcraft is where you train dogs for showing. The one you would probaly go to is the one I go to and it's awful for newcomers!

And for the skull hoody I was standing next to someone in veteran with an Oldies Club tshirt on (was 2 of them) but one of them had a white hoody with black skulls on it. I love stuff with skulls on it so thats why I remember ha

Ahh right. Im very new to all this showing stuff because obviously I own crossbreeds so ive just thought about it for the future. Maybe you could sneak me in quietly in a few years time

Ahh right lol no I was just wearing a top no jumber.

This is Muffin who I was in with dont know if you would recognise her. Also had my little JRT cross with me who was getting a lot of attention who is black with a little white chest.
Page 41 of 53 « First < 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 51 > Last »