View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kitty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2010, 12:28 PM
I have the contract signed by my friend, they have said when a dog is rehomed from the rspca you are legally obligied to return him if you cannot keep him, also they could come and take him away if they knew I was planning to re-home him myself after what has happend when my friend did this before.
As much as I don't like the RSPCA myself, they have said in their email that they will access him and re-home him somewhere more suitable (whether this happens remains to be seen) but I will never know I suppose.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
well exactly trouble, Kitty took the time to start pming me, and from what i can see she was quite happy to send him to casandra, then the rspca decided to email her back AFTER saying they would not be taking him back.

Kitty knows she has support and help behind her with what ever she decided, but just because you think he should be taken back to the rspca thats fine..she asked for your opinion not what to do.

and casandra i have seen around forums for over a year now, and she seems a decent enough women, i dont know whats going on between her and nicci, nor do i care..To me from what i have read the dog would be going to a good home!

Although i would rather have the poor little soul pts myself than send him back to the rspca will just do the same!
Nothing, just don't like what I read...

As far as I am aware the RSPCA never said they wouldn't take him back, just said they didn't have space.

Having dealt with my own aggressive dog until the day her life ended though cancer related illness, I feel this is the best possible outcome for the dog, again another powerful breed in the wrong hands - we sit here WONDERING why our beloved breeds are in the news, in a mess.

And here it is.

I will defend my breed to the highest level I possibly can as a Dobermann owner that is my right, this dog has NO history and is the property of the RSPCA. FWIW, I'm glad they will take him back so he can be properly evaluated by professionals who have history on him on their files, if sending him back there condemns him to death, I'm sorry but so be it, this breed has a bad enough repuation as it is.

My ultimate concern is him being passed around like a parcel confusing the dog even more, as a mum, my main concern is this dog is NEVER EVER put in this same situation, ever again - which obviously no-one apart from the RSPCA could guarantee.
cassassin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Kitty, it is completely up to you.

I personally do not trust the RSPCA as far as I could throw any one of their staff. You must choose what is best for Oscar.

My offer is still open, call me anytime. x
kitty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2010, 12:38 PM
The reason I sent the email was that when I phoned originally the person I spoke to sounded very young, she didn't seem to listen to what I was saying much, I almost felt like she was just waiting for me to finish so she could run me their usual line of " there is a 6 month waiting list"
I thought if I emailed, it may get read by a more senior member of staff and I could elaborate more in the email the full story, maybe thats why a got a reply like the one I would have originally expected.
I hope this hasn't offended anyone who is young, I just got the feeling she wasn't listening.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Well as a Dobermann owner it's also my right to defend the breed and offer assistance where ever possible. No history means exactly that NO history, it doesn't and shouldn't mean anything more sinister than that. I love this breed like no other and it deeply saddens me to see the way people would rather condemn them to death than give them the opportunity to thrive.

Kitty I know how difficult this has been for you and I'm really sorry if reading this thread has made it even more so. x
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Well as a Dobermann owner it's also my right to defend the breed and offer assistance where ever possible. No history means exactly that NO history, it doesn't and shouldn't mean anything more sinister than that. I love this breed like no other and it deeply saddens me to see the way people would rather condemn them to death than give them the opportunity to thrive.

Kitty I know how difficult this has been for you and I'm really sorry if reading this thread has made it even more so. x
No history don't always mean no history some have more history than they would perhaps like to let on, who knows.

I've read through this thread again, and I will not defend a dog that attacks in such a way without warning, sorry.

I also cannot believe that some feel that this dogs life is more important than that of a human childs, since when did dogs have the moral highground?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by kitty View Post
The reason I sent the email was that when I phoned originally the person I spoke to sounded very young, she didn't seem to listen to what I was saying much, I almost felt like she was just waiting for me to finish so she could run me their usual line of " there is a 6 month waiting list"
I thought if I emailed, it may get read by a more senior member of staff and I could elaborate more in the email the full story, maybe thats why a got a reply like the one I would have originally expected.
I hope this hasn't offended anyone who is young, I just got the feeling she wasn't listening.
I think now you have contacted them, and have a response, the decision is no longer yours...

Good luck Kitty, you had had a bad few days, and a lot of conficting opinions to make it even harder for you.
JaniceH
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Can I just say that as a relative newcomer to this forum, I have just sat and read all 20+pages of this post and Im horrified.

I wouldnt be surprised if Kitty is sitting at home, cuddling her son, wondering what a massive can of worms she has opened. Thinking that the world of forums and asking for help is something that she will never venture into again. I sure that it I ever have any problems with my dogs, I wont be posting them on here. Im also pretty sure that a lot of other newbies to this forum will also be going

This thread has gone from pts, to not pts, to rehabilitate, to its a serious attack to it was nothing, to Kitty did the wrong thing, to Kitty did the right thing, to send to rescue, to send to someone that everyone congratulates on taking the dog on, to then that person getting shot down through some 'information that may or may not be on another forum'. Its like being on an switchback ride where everyone contradicts everyone else agressively yet only a tiny handful of people actually DO something. The rest just attack and counter attack.

The bottom line is, Kitty has a 3yr old who is the most precious and special thing in her life. The dog is more unpredicatable than most dogs for whatever reason and reacted badly to her son in a way that makes it dangerous. The dog is owned by the RSPCA and there is a contract in place for it to go back should the original owner (her friend) not be able to keep it, so that is where the dog should go. Kitty's priority will be her son, 1st last and always.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
No history don't always mean no history some have more history than they would perhaps like to let on, who knows.

I've read through this thread again, and I will not defend a dog that attacks in such a way without warning, sorry.

I also cannot believe that some feel that this dogs life is more important than that of a human childs, since when did dogs have the moral highground?
I agree wholeheartedly
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post

I agree wholeheartedly, some seem to think its ok to keep a dog alive whatever the cost
Closed Thread
Page 40 of 47 « First < 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 > Last »