Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey Pidge, glad you've popped in today.

I just wanted to make a comparison with Pidge's progress in this thread with counselling sessions if that's ok

Sometimes you get a client who talks for a whole session about something that is distressing them. It can be really emotional at the time. The client then goes away and next week that issue isn't even mentioned, because they've spent time in the session getting it all off their chest.

I see this thread as the same thing. Pidge was having a very very tough time that day, got it all off her chest and felt much more positive 6 days later.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Cheeky, I haven't taken anything you have said as negative. Everything you've said is true and it wasn't said in a bad way at all
Thanks Pidge. I knew you'd understand that I meant no harm at all. Must try to explain myself better in the future for the benefit of others that don't quite "get me"

By the way, Woody looks a sweetie in that pic you posted of him. Bless his little Springer paws
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Hey Pidge, glad you've popped in today.

I just wanted to make a comparison with Pidge's progress in this thread with counselling sessions if that's ok

Sometimes you get a client who talks for a whole session about something that is distressing them. It can be really emotional at the time. The client then goes away and next week that issue isn't even mentioned, because they've spent time in the session getting it all off their chest.

I see this thread as the same thing. Pidge was having a very very tough time that day, got it all off her chest and felt much more positive 6 days later.
That makes a lot of sense, Sarah. I know myself that I can sometimes feel distraught over what is really "nothing" but a good natter with an old mate or my Mum puts it all into perspective. Pidge just thinks of us as her "mates" I suppose and gets stuff off her chest - which is really nice
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by JackieS View Post
I am glad you are seeing progress with Woody, just a quick comment did the progress you have seen start around the same time you started to feed the chicken and rice as advised by the vet? If it did maybe Woody is intolerant to certain ingredients in his food or maybe the lower protein level he is getting now suits him better, which means he is less hyper and able to understand what you want from him.
I know with one of my dogs (springer X) that if the protein levels are too high for him he is quite manic, if I keep his food to a protein level of no higher than 22% he is a lot happier .
Jackie
Yes Jackie, it was about the same time. We've started to introduce some Arden Grange now and he''s definitely more ''active'' shall we say and his poos have gone very runny again, although not as large and frequent. Will have a chat with the vet on Monday to see what they say as we obviously can't keep him on just chicken and rice forever ;o)
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
That makes a lot of sense, Sarah. I know myself that I can sometimes feel distraught over what is really "nothing" but a good natter with an old mate or my Mum puts it all into perspective. Pidge just thinks of us as her "mates" I suppose and gets stuff off her chest - which is really nice
I do. I need to to be honest as it helps me clear things out in my head. But that's not to say I don't go away and think about all the advice I've been given, I just struggle to put it all in perspective sometimes.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Why did the vet say give him chicken and rice Pidge?

There are other flavours of arden grange. I use the lamb and rice one usually for foster dogs.

FWIW My friend's springer quite often has runny poos.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I do. I need to to be honest as it helps me clear things out in my head. But that's not to say I don't go away and think about all the advice I've been given, I just struggle to put it all in perspective sometimes.
Another thing I've learnt is that if someone has an issue or problem, it doesn't matter if I don't see it as a problem. What matters is that it's a problem to that person (it's all about seeing things from their internal frame of reference ).
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Why did the vet say give him chicken and rice Pidge?

There are other flavours of arden grange. I use the lamb and rice one usually for foster dogs.

FWIW My friend's springer quite often has runny poos.
He had some sort of bacteria thing that gave him a few days of diarrhoea so she suggested 3-4 days bland then switch over to AG gradually. We've been giving him little bits of the lamb and rice one we got through as a sample with his bland chicken and rice but his poo today was pure liquid and last night he was pretty hyper.

AG are sending a sample of their sensitive fish and potato so we'll try him on that but I want to check with the vets first.

It's quite common for springers to have runny poos as they're so active on walks that the motions happen and their Pylorus gets small and that makes the poo come out very soft.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 01:13 PM
What's a Pylorus ?

Yeah, the lamb might have been too rich for him. My friend's lab is allergic to all kins of things including white rice, chicken and white fish. He has the salmon and potato dry food but still has runny poos most of the time.

I'd say with my friend's springer his poos are runny at least once on a walk. Also, he never stays in one place to poop, he walks along sniffing the floor and pooping at the same time. Now that's what I call multi-tasking!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
He had some sort of bacteria thing that gave him a few days of diarrhoea so she suggested 3-4 days bland then switch over to AG gradually. We've been giving him little bits of the lamb and rice one we got through as a sample with his bland chicken and rice but his poo today was pure liquid and last night he was pretty hyper.

AG are sending a sample of their sensitive fish and potato so we'll try him on that but I want to check with the vets first.

It's quite common for springers to have runny poos as they're so active on walks that the motions happen and their Pylorus gets small and that makes the poo come out very soft.
Try Naturediet or tinned Chappie.
Closed Thread
Page 40 of 44 « First < 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 > Last »