View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2009, 06:47 PM
No, nor can I June, I might just have to go tomorrow..... if I can sleep tonight that is!!! It's been over 12 years since we've had a little baby around the place and I've missed that. I bet Dave has him on his lap ALL evening watching the telly, instead of his stuffed tiger he strokes all evening!!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
He's 10 weeks old and he's pure gsd, and no he's not a rescue A!!!! whites are "highly undesirable" I know, but not for me he isn't!

Thanks Tracy, wanna come?????!!!
He looks lovely H. Congratulations. I know you will, but make sure the parents have had all the health tests and that you see the certificates won't you? I know you will.

Will you be bringing him home on Tuesday then?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Thanks Jackie, I'd love a little girlie like my cybergirl, but a dog as active as that would drive Dave nuts at home, and probably run poor old mum over on her zimmer in the process!!! Gsd's are fine once they've had a good run, they don't do playing indoors, well, none of mine have, they're happy to laze about just being with YOU, or ME more to the point!!!!

Awww...I know you would Aitch but yes, Cassie is a dog who likes to play at home too
Just seen the pic, how gorgeous is he?????? I'm so excited for you.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2009, 07:05 PM

I hadn't had a pup for nearly 12 years when I got the Norties, talk about a Baptism of Fire, I was exhausted within days I wouldn't swop them for the world now, but that first few months I was like a Zombie
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
He looks lovely H. Congratulations. I know you will, but make sure the parents have had all the health tests and that you see the certificates won't you? I know you will.

Will you be bringing him home on Tuesday then?
Done that bit over the phone A I like the fact that she has the mother AND father, and older brother. She has only bred ONE previous litter and this 2nd litter is her last. KC registered, and the father has german lines, but I'll see all that when I go won't I, and I can make a note from the pedigree?

You bet I will if I fall in love, which I'm highly likely to aren't I!!!

OOoooooooh I have more mail, and I'm waiting for some new pics from her!!!!! I'm so excited I can't type now! Lol!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Done that bit over the phone A I like the fact that she has the mother AND father, and older brother. She has only bred ONE previous litter and this 2nd litter is her last. KC registered, and the father has german lines, but I'll see all that when I go won't I, and I can make a note from the pedigree?

You bet I will if I fall in love, which I'm highly likely to aren't I!!!

OOoooooooh I have more mail, and I'm waiting for some new pics from her!!!!! I'm so excited I can't type now! Lol!
Just make sure you see the health test certificates too. I would have thought you should be given some sort of copy of the pedigree...even if its a handwritten one?

Just breath when you get there H and makes sure everything is in place!

He certainly looks lovely, have you a name?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2009, 07:14 PM
She sounds a lovely lady, and it is even better if she has the parents and other relatives there. You get a good idea of temperament and how they will grow up. When I went to see my 2 I met the mother, father, grandmother and great grandmother, plus other relatives. My breeder has piccies of all the relatives to mine and I am in touch with them regularly and we swop piccies and news. I am so glad you have found someone like that too.
More piccies please
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Just make sure you see the health test certificates too. I would have thought you should be given some sort of copy of the pedigree...even if its a handwritten one?

Just breath when you get there H and makes sure everything is in place!

He certainly looks lovely, have you a name?
Maybe I can ask her in advance for copies? If I don't leave a deposit though (or bring him home!!!) she might not let me have a copy of the parent's pedigree might she? I obviously won't have my pup's pedigree at that early stage will I? I didn't with Cassie, I had to wait ages for it!

I've been thinking about names, but that's another thread!!!

She says this particular boy is twice the size of all the others and has twice the amount and length of fur too! She also said, she thinks he will definitely be like the older brother she has there now, because he was like that when his litter was produced!

I'm NOT going there with rose coloured specs on, if he doesn't look right, or looks as miserable as he does in the pic and if his fur isn't 3" long like Cassie's was, then I will walk away! YES, I can walk away ya know...... it'll be hard, but I will!!! She should show me the parent's health tests shouldn't she if I ask when I go????
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
She sounds a lovely lady, and it is even better if she has the parents and other relatives there. You get a good idea of temperament and how they will grow up. When I went to see my 2 I met the mother, father, grandmother and great grandmother, plus other relatives. My breeder has piccies of all the relatives to mine and I am in touch with them regularly and we swop piccies and news. I am so glad you have found someone like that too.
More piccies please
That's exactly what I liked June, the fact that she has BOTH parents and the older brother, and she isn't a breeder per se, this is only her 2nd litter and she's going to stop because her little girl is going to school this year. She sounds really nice too and says I'm going to love her gang, they're so very friendly, healthy, with a lovely nature and good looks, what more could I ask for.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Maybe I can ask her in advance for copies? If I don't leave a deposit though (or bring him home!!!) she might not let me have a copy of the parent's pedigree might she? I obviously won't have my pup's pedigree at that early stage will I? I didn't with Cassie, I had to wait ages for it!

I've been thinking about names, but that's another thread!!!

She says this particular boy is twice the size of all the others and has twice the amount and length of fur too! She also said, she thinks he will definitely be like the older brother she has there now, because he was like that when his litter was produced!

I'm NOT going there with rose coloured specs on, if he doesn't look right, or looks as miserable as he does in the pic and if his fur isn't 3" long like Cassie's was, then I will walk away! YES, I can walk away ya know...... it'll be hard, but I will!!! She should show me the parent's health tests shouldn't she if I ask when I go????
Yes she should have copies to show you.

I don't know in other breeds H but when we picked Cosmo up the breeder gave us a handwritten copy of his pedigree. We could then buy another from the KC but we didn't see the point given we had one in our hands!

Come on...give us a clue with the names!
Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »