View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2008, 12:14 AM
I have no feeling either way for Edward, but i have to just ask the question if he had only used the stick to break up the "fight" between the two dogs, why then does he chase after one of them wielding the stick in a threatening manner. I'm sorry but it really does look as if the dog is going to be hit
I am referring to the pics in the link that Shona has put on as there are two pics to look at

Jann
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 12:52 AM
I guess chaseing one of the dogs off a bit, would give him time to pick the bird up before the dogs got back to it and had another spat??? thats just a guess though,

I know some dogs will just go right back to spatting if they are within reach of one another,

Im still not convinced hes done anything wrong really, like I say, had he hit the dogs, the photos would be there to prove it,

photos are funny things, they can make something that lasted a split second look like a life time,
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Andrew Tyler, the director of Animal Aid, said: "We can't be certain that Edward's stick did make contact with the dog although he certainly appears to have acted impulsively without restraint. But we can't expect etiquette and high manners in the context of a sport that is about killing animals for pleasure."

The two highlight sentences made me laugh...

Acted on impulse and without restraint....dont we all when we find ourselves in the middle of a dog fight.....

And the second bit.. well it says it all ... this is not about one man being cruel to animals.. it is the anti field sport brigade getting their dig in, by what ever means they can.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-12-2008, 10:39 AM
The picture I saw in the sunday express did show his walking stick making contact with the dog, although as he still had his other hand in his jacket pocket I don't think it could have been much of a whack. Anyone who has split up two or more dogs intent on fighting has probably used equal force if different methods. We just don't have photographers lurking behind bushes to chart our every move.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 10:49 AM
I don`t see him hitting the dog in the picture - seems to be more a Gerroff! moment. I have been known to hurl my handbag when my dogs purposefully approach swans / horse-poo / small children with sausage rolls if the usual bellow doesn`t work. It doesn`t connect and it `distracts` the dog.
I should add that I don`t like blood sports or the Windsors!
spot
Dogsey Veteran

29-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by lilyput View Post
Fair comments.

However, I am sure that we each have private opinions of people, formed on previous insights into their behaviour which influence our thoughts on the subject. That is human nature, whether or not you approve of it.
Can you imagine what the reaction would be if it was a skinhead with a staff? Arh but this is a hunting/working dog so its perfectly acceptable and any anti brigade should not be having an opionion on it anyway!

Sorry but IMO the picture certainly does show him making contact with no other dog around.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21001150/

So if you saw someone chasing a cowering dog with a stick - it would be OK if its a working dog - what would you do if it was a CKCS for example?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Can you imagine what the reaction would be if it was a skinhead with a staff? Arh but this is a hunting/working dog so its perfectly acceptable and any anti brigade should not be having an opionion on it anyway!

Sorry but IMO the picture certainly does show him making contact with no other dog around.

So if you saw someone chasing a cowering dog with a stick - it would be OK if its a working dog - what would you do if it was a CKCS for example?
Looks to be going past the dog's side to me?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

29-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Looks to be going past the dog's side to me?
Well as you can clearly see the stick going over the back of the dog Im not sure how you can come to that/

However even it was it looks like more luck than judgement - does that make it more acceptable then?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 11:39 AM
with the mirror piccy, how i see it is the stick on the dogs side, pushing the dog away.

its funny how we all see different things into the piccys!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post

I agree. To me, it looks like the stick is going over the dogs back and side, behind it's head (perhaps even striking it's head), therefore, striking the dog with it. Looks to me like he meant to hit the dog and not 'just' frighten it with the stick.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >