View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Smookey was OH's dog so called because he was a smokey colour.
Cain is just cain, no reason just seemed to suit him.
Dizzy was called Molly when we rescued her, but as my daughter is Molly, we changed it to Dizzy.
And Tetley was my old bosses dog(git!) named after Tetley bitter...we prefer to think of him as named after tea now though
LF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Cadmus was named because we got him just after we had come back from a holiday to Greece and we looked up the index of a book of Greek mythology. OH liked the name (I wasn't so sure!) and we checked what the qualities of Cadmus were. He was described as being loyal and honourable and so beloved by the gods that when he died he went to the Isles of the Blessed for eternity. I must admit the name grew on me and now I couldn't imagine him being anything but a Cadmus

Spike is Spike because the pet names given to the whelps in the nest by the breeder's daughter were from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He was the only "blonde" in a litter of browns so hence Spike, the peroxide vampire. We liked it so we kept it Of course, Spike the vampire redeemed himself by getting a soul and saving the world from the Apocalypse, so calling him after a vampire wasn't so bad

Lesley
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2005, 10:05 PM
We chose Blackie because firstly he is mainly black and also my mum's brother was called Blackie down the pit. (he died down there)

Ian
derbyrottie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2005, 01:13 PM
My bf was brought up around boxing and bodybuilding etc and reads all the books, he had just finished one by Charles Bronson and the name Bronson just stood out, we know alot of Tysons etc and wanted something similar but not the same if that makes sense! As he's a rottie i think it suits him, and although he's a bit mad i hope he doesn't turn out to be like his namesake!!
OzBoz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2005, 01:38 PM
The name Oscar made into into our top ten out of a baby name book, OH's sister decided on it in the end, we both like it so it stuck. He also get's Oz, Ozzie, Ozboz and PigBoy (meant in the nicest possible way of course )

Maggie is named after the Simpsons character, the kids are huge fans and we didn't think Homer was suitable for a little girl!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4