register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Which name do you prefer?
Stray Training 1 3.57%
P.S. Training Services 23 82.14%
PStray Training 1 3.57%
Paul Stray Training 3 10.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Ginge
New Member!
Male 

06-11-2008, 09:58 PM
PUS Training 'we always squeeze you in'
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2008, 10:17 PM
My neighbour used his initials & put plumbing after them. Pity there isn't an exact name for what he will be doing
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Ginge View Post
PUS Training 'we always squeeze you in'
Your "spot on" with that one!!

sorry (again) no help just amusing myself, will go and bother another thread now.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2008, 10:54 PM
I went for PS Training Services. Really don't like Stray Training if that helps?

Sorry about the redundancy but when one door closes... so to speak.

From my own experience, my dad was made redundant some years ago now - he set himself up with his own business doing what he had been doing when he was made redundant 'because the work wasn't out there'. It certainly was - and Dad knew how to find it!

His company's doing really well now and the company that let him go now contract him to do the work he used to do there, only now - they have to pay him more!

Good luck - it may just have been the shove he needed
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
My neighbour used his initials & put plumbing after them. Pity there isn't an exact name for what he will be doing
Yep - wish it was more simple, but then the more he can offer the better i suppose.

Originally Posted by shiba View Post
Your "spot on" with that one!!

sorry (again) no help just amusing myself, will go and bother another thread now.
LOL!

Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
I went for PS Training Services. Really don't like Stray Training if that helps?

Sorry about the redundancy but when one door closes... so to speak.

From my own experience, my dad was made redundant some years ago now - he set himself up with his own business doing what he had been doing when he was made redundant 'because the work wasn't out there'. It certainly was - and Dad knew how to find it!

His company's doing really well now and the company that let him go now contract him to do the work he used to do there, only now - they have to pay him more!

Good luck - it may just have been the shove he needed

Thank you for your well wishes! Well he was offered a job today, but he turned it down as he really wants to go for the perpetetic training on his own, he will get paid more and he will be more in charge of where he works. In his last job he wsa doing 12 - 15 hour days and could be sent from one end of the Uk, to the other, and back again in one week.

He is now unsured, has a business bank account and people asking him to start work for him next week! He is very excited....so keeping everything crossed for him!

He was up til 3am last night sorting things out and researching. He is still throwing names about and can't decide.

he talked to one perepertetic (i can't spell that!) and since Paul was made redundant that bloke has been paid three times what they would have paid paul to do the courses they had planned for Paul to do!!! How the hell getting rid of him saves them money when they have to that is beyond me!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Sorry to hear about the redundancy That said I am a huge believer in everything happening for a reason - I bet this will be the turning point in his working life and you will never look back
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Sorry to hear about the redundancy That said I am a huge believer in everything happening for a reason - I bet this will be the turning point in his working life and you will never look back
Yes i think so too.

He is now "High and Mighty Training" (sole trader), he has bought the domain name and has a package to set up his own website, which he has started already. He is seeing the bank on Monday (but doesn't need a loan so that's good). We havea logo and my cousin's husband, who is a graphic designer, is going to graphic it up for us.

We have found out that a friend of my brother works for Business link so Pual will be in contact with her soon to get advice, she also trains accountants so can advise him, but another friend has a small business and does all his own accounts and also loves doing tax returns (oddly enough) so is happy to either do them for Paul or to take him through them. He has also told him of a good computer accounts package, a local place that does good deals on business cards and headed note paper etc.

So it's all go! We also go to see the solicitor on tuesday about the compromise package he got in redundancy....and the solicitor is a friend of the family too.

Feels like it is all on the up! The only downside is that we won't be able to buy a new place for at least three years, so lots of organisation will have to go on here as we are in a one bedroomed flat and feel like we are busting out of the seems already!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4