Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
I have had people do that to me too , it kind of spoils your walk doesn't it

But what about when you stand in to the side with all your dogs to let a jogger go past and they don't say thanks or even nod
I get an irisistable urge to chase them and trip them up not my dogs as they HAVE manners.
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Yeah acutally that's a point - i don't really care about people saying hello or not but if i make the deliberate point of calling the dogs and getting them out of the way for a jogger cyclist and don't even get a nod as way of thanks or appreciation that winds me up.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
Yeah acutally that's a point - i don't really care about people saying hello or not but if i make the deliberate point of calling the dogs and getting them out of the way for a jogger cyclist and don't even get a nod as way of thanks or appreciation that winds me up.
That is my biggest windup too,that and parked cars on the pavement, especially one on the corner on the way to the park , we have to step into the road to get past it, but thats another story!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 11:48 AM
That's a real shame, can't say I have ever experienced it round here though. I usually stop and chat to dog walkers and they seem friendly.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 03:29 PM
horrible isnt it

some people round here (the regular dog walkers)! always stop to chat to me, which is great - even though all are a lot older than me.....

other people who arnt regular walkers dont bother..... their losss lol
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
I usually bellow after them `Thankyou would be nice!` and watch to see if their ears go red.
Still, what can you expect of people who choose to wear Lycra?
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2008, 06:25 PM
i always say good morning even when i have head phones in i make a point of taking them out to say it. again if i let people thru which i always do as i walk 4 dogs and people never say thank you (spec women with pushchairs) i shout THANK YOU to them to embarrass them
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
i so if i say it, one day .and they dont ansew me , ill never speak to them again ,they had there chance lol there loss no mine ) (i know im a hard woman lol )
Lol at you! I'm just the same when it comes to letting people out of junctions on my regular car journeys, if they are rude enough not to say thank you once then don't expect me to make the same mistake again if I see them waiting!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2008, 12:18 PM
well i have a bit of both, I often cross the road to avoid other people when they have dogs with them, so they may think I am being rude but i am just avoiding confrontation for bruno.

If I have the buggy and the dog, I will always go out of my way to move out the way of other pedestrians etc and most of the time people will say thankyou or smile at least.

I havent experienced any extreme rudeness on a daily basis, but there is a guy in a wheelchair who goes along our road every day in life and he NEVER says hello even when i do, and I walked past him talking to neighbours a while back and he was happily chatting away, yet he never says hello to me or responds when i do.
It really irritates me as its so rude.... however last week we were waking past him and I smiled at him and Luca said "hello " and the man said Hello to Luca but wasnt going to say it to me !!!!!!!!!!! arrggh

The best yet though is Luca now likes to say "excuse me " when going past people and its really funny, as we catch people up and he says excuse me in his little voice and they turn round and see us coming, I always get a hello then !!!

kids and dogs are definetly ice breakers though as before I had either no one ever spoke to me on a walk.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2008, 12:24 PM
I meet rude people all the time, lol!!

I often wait for people as i have two dogs (who are quite boulshy so they are learning manners!) and sometimes kids too.

A little smile or a nod is not the same as a Thank you....why cant people just say THANK YOU???
Would it really hurt that much!! Rant over!!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >