Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Missy G View Post
Heh , sign up for Salon Geek forum, you can get loads of advice on there.I will warn you though the nail industry is not as easy as it seems.You ll probly find the two day course not enough, but it will be a start.Its taken me about a 1 1/2 years of practice and courses to produce a decent set of nails, I started my own biz up last year, cant say its been easy.Goodluck anyway!Hope to see you on Salon Geek.
Thanks Missy G. I looked on a nail tech site and it said to do the acrylic first and go from there. I'll definitely sign up to that site
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by liz & kiesha View Post
Hi Berger
Congratulations on your new venture. It does take a while to get going & you need to practice on loads of willing friends first before being let loose on the public, sometimes it feels as if all you are doing is paying out money & giving up your free time but keep at it babe, its so rewarding when you get a nailbiter with next to nothing to work on & then transform her nails into a thing of beauty
Hi Liz

Thanks for the encouragement. I have to say I am really looking forward to it. I've got lots of very willing volunteers to get their nails done for nothing
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
Hi Liz - sorry to be a bug!

Im a blonde, medium-skin, not very dark, i wear eyeliner and light beige/lilac eye shadow and rosy cheeks usually

included a photo of myselff....let me know what u would suggest improving?? lighter eye makeup? or diff blush etc
thanks
xxx
Are you nuts?????? Your gorgeous, dont change a thing

You might like this as a change or option for softer daytime look?

Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by liz & kiesha View Post
Hi
Have you considered a mineral based foundation?
Lily Lolo do trial sizes for 99p
Jane Iredale is also very good. (Mineral foundation is best applied in layers).
Many in the industry believe the best coverage (budget) is Maxactor but in the budget range i prefer No 7. I'm also quite a fan of Virgin vie's one step face base when your in a hurry, its a Creme to Powder and covers everything.
In the more expensive range Estee Lauder double wear stay in place make up is probably best.
For a tinted i can highly recommend Chanel but oh boy its pricey.

Hope thats of some help.
Oh thanks that's a great help yes! Never tried any of those products before so will have a try. I wasn't sure if the mineral powders would look 'cakey'?

I like the sound of the Virgin Vie stuff too - ooh choices choices!!

Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
I love my Virgin Vie one step face base as have 5mins to make up in the morning.
It's in a compact so you can take it with you easily for touch ups too.
Use a foundation brush for light coverage or the sponge for heavier coverage... you can also buy refills to save money, though I get mine off of Ebay anyway so a bit cheaper.
It's a doddle.

.....and I can't believe you are late 30's AM???
OMG thanks!!! (psst am 37!!) I'll pay you later lol
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Could I be greedy and ask another question please? (grovel!!)

I have very fair skin, that freckles appallingly in the sun!! I have started to use high factor sun-protection to help stop this.

I would like to put some colour on my cheeks that looks like a healthy glow, but find powder blusher or bronzer looks matt. Can you recommend a highlighter or way of putting colour on that looks like a healthy glow please?
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4