Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Today, I have no idea why I share my house with four smelly rotties,,,
theres black hair everywhere, they are blowing there coats just now...............

my lunch consisted of lentil soup, dog hair and warm bread

there is a roll of gaffa tape half mangled and chewed in the middle of the floor,
my nice new brown leather sofa has two rotties sprawled all over it just now,
Sounds perfect to me!

I have dogs cos I love them! They are more honest, genuine and loving than the majority of humans on this planet.

"A man may smile and bid you hail
Yet wish you to the devil;
But when a good dog wags his tail,
You know he's on the level."
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Because I wanted one. Simple as that really

But on a more serious note, yes I do like the companionship of them both, I adore taking them for walks and it's lovely to see the eagerly wagging tail when I come home
RiverWild!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-09-2008, 05:53 PM
My life without dogs? Hmmmm, that would be weird! Why do I have them because they are my best friends, unlike OH I can rely on them 100%, they comfort me as I do them, dogs are pretty much my life, walking, playing, training, competing, any thing I can do to make my dogs life complete I will do my best to do it for them, I get so much pleasure from them, I couldnt call my home, home with no dogs in it, it would just be a house.
RiverWild!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
Because I wanted one. Simple as that really

it's lovely to see the eagerly wagging tail when I come home
Completely agree!!!!!
suew
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-09-2008, 07:21 PM
I once fell out with (on a permanent basis) a woman who until then had been a really good mate. She went away for week, and asked if I would mind popping round each day to feed her dog. I had thought it odd that she would go away and leave her dog unattended, but was still totally shocked to actually find her dog had been left alone for the week OUTSIDE the house, in a tiny kennel in the garden, with no way of getting indoors. I did not hestitate, but scooped him up and took him home with me. The poor thing looked so bewildered, and woudl sit outside in our garden, but gradually got closer to the back door, as if he wanted to come in, but was unsure. I kept beckoning him in, and he gradually plucked up courage, and came in and lay gingerly down next to our own dog. The day of her return grew closer and i literally felt panic stricken at having to hand him back.. I did however feel I had no choice as of course I couldnt just "keep him", and sadly took him back on the day of her return. That evening, I got a phone call asking "Have you allowed him in, becuase he keeps wanting to come in, and we never let him in the house" . I asked why not, to be told that it was becuase he had flatulence problems. Yes, I had noticed, but it was nothing charcoal biscuits hadnt cured. I told her the same thing, and said that I had felt it cruel to leave him all alone in her garden. She then asked if I wanted the dog as I had now "spoilt" him, I said yes, I would be delighted to have him, but she then backtracked. We somehow resumed our by now rather strained relationship when she said she would try the biscuits, and keeping hiim in. She moved house to Cornwall, and when i visited, I was delighted to find the dog who was by now quite elderly, happily living INSIDE the house.He was thrilled to see me and practically threw himself at me when i arrived. It still hurts me now to remember that sad face on that dog abandoned for the week in his kennel. What on earth did she think i was going to do, just feed him and LEAVE him there???? Until now, I had thought she was unusual, it breaks my heart to read all these posts to know that she wasnt.....
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4