View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2008, 07:35 PM
We had this when we got Obi, We had such a disagreement with the guy on the desk who when we said we wanted to take the dog from kennel 52 out he replied with the brown collie dog. We said he looked more like an akita cross and he insisted that he was a collie. His release form even had collie brown dog on it until we insisted that they changed it and signed the changes.

Quite scary I think that they can release any dog without knowing what they are talking about.

Here is my brown collie dog!

Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
We had this when we got Obi, We had such a disagreement with the guy on the desk who when we said we wanted to take the dog from kennel 52 out he replied with the brown collie dog. We said he looked more like an akita cross and he insisted that he was a collie. His release form even had collie brown dog on it until we insisted that they changed it and signed the changes.

Quite scary I think that they can release any dog without knowing what they are talking about.

Here is my brown collie dog!

that is one BIG collie
did he even look in kennel ???
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Not the first time, but when the forms were being filled in Obi was actually standing with us in the reception getting his collar etc.

I think it is terrible how they can rehome like this, not only were no checks done on us they didnt even know what sort of dog they were rehoming, I dread to think what could have become of him if he had gone to someone who didnt put in the work we have with him. In all honesty we probably shouldnt have had him never having dogs, lol good job he though he was a collie prob wouldnt have gotten him if he thought he was an akita!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Now be fair - he could be one of the rare Japanese collies, used for herding wild kimonos on the slopes of Mount Fuji...or something.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Now be fair - he could be one of the rare Japanese collies, used for herding wild kimonos on the slopes of Mount Fuji...or something.
SR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-08-2008, 10:26 PM
I had tears in my eyes yesterday for the hopes of the
BT owner & then the little take me home
face of the terrier x.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Oh how disheartening Dawn, her wee face has broke my heart.
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post

Lol that must be it
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 01:11 PM
How long does this girl have before her 7 Days are up? Might be worth having a chat with the oldie club, they may have someone that can foster her

http://www.oldies.org.uk/
susanatlasinski
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2008, 03:45 PM
This is a real bugbear of mine, I think it is ridiculous that people working in jobs like this aren't properly trained to identify specific breeds of dogs and their crosses, some of them even have problems identifying common breeds. I heard a story recently about a guy who bought a mongrel from the local dog and cat home, it's coat was a bit matted and he took it to a groomer to have it trimmed. When the guy picked the dog up from the groomer he was ask what blood lines he was from as he was a beautiful example of a tibetan terrier. I pitty the owner of the TT who is probably still looking for him.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >