register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

19-04-2005, 07:42 AM
This is a well bred AB I am treating at present. Nice dog has a problem with fear/dominance/territorial aggression at present. both humans and interdog which is unusual in this breed, and can be a rather nasty combination.

The owner tells me the mother was aggressive which of course is very telling in this case. She is a big girl but looks nothing like a APB. the face and whole shape is different. The side view is quite different to a APB.

Stan
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Don't know what breed it is ...before this thread I'd have thought it was a Pit Bull but now I'm not sure - whatever it is, I think it is a nice looking dog!
Sue-
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-04-2005, 08:19 AM
It looks like a pit to me, the face almost staffie like, I had an american pit bull terrier and he was quite tall, Id say as tall as that one in the picture and he was as strong as an ox but a kind and gentle, loyal dog, who loved to curl up by the fire with my, then 5yr old daughter
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-04-2005, 08:37 AM
There are some lovely photos of Pits on this site...

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/gallery.cfm

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.cfm

I don't think I've ever seen one in this country
Kendo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-04-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by Doglistener
This is a well bred AB I am treating at present. Nice dog has a problem with fear/dominance/territorial aggression at present. both humans and interdog which is unusual in this breed, and can be a rather nasty combination.

The owner tells me the mother was aggressive which of course is very telling in this case.
I know this may revoke some feed back but this dog should never have been born, as breeding from any dog that is aggressive to humans is a no no in my book that was part of the reason the dda was brought in, as bad breeders where breeding the wrong dogs & then selling to the wrong people as far as I am concerned all manbiters should be put down with no exceptions.
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Totally agree Kendo.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 09:20 AM
The picture I posted is of a dog that was one of the first released under the DDA. he was kept in kennels for almost 2yrs, as he was supposedly a Pit Bull. never did any harm to anybody or anything. Just goes to show, how does anyone really know 100% what a dog is. unless proof is at hand.
Dawn.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Kendo
I know this may revoke some feed back but this dog should never have been born, as breeding from any dog that is aggressive to humans is a no no in my book that was part of the reason the dda was brought in, as bad breeders where breeding the wrong dogs & then selling to the wrong people as far as I am concerned all manbiters should be put down with no exceptions.
Yep I agree totally to Kenny, like you say it is something that should not be tolerated.

Laura
Russ
Almost a Veteran
Male 

19-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Kendo
I agree totally
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

19-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
Pit Bull? What do you think? Reasons I will explain after a few opinions.
Dawn.

Doesn't look much like a pit, more a long legged staffie.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >