View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
willowish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 03:51 PM
These test results are being added to the KC documents of BC's now. Either direct from Optigen or Alan Wilton or if your test were carried out previously you can have them added free of charge yourself by sending the KC your certificates for the results and the dogs KC registration.
As to prices of BC's it very much depends on the area you live in a fully health tested KC reg puppy in my area costs £300-£400.

I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

11-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Depends on the breeding for starters, I'm just a bit picky on what breeding lies behind my dogs, for example i do not like the Australian/NZ dogs for many reasons & it would have to be an outstnding pedigree in every other way for me to what a puppy from dogs with these bloodlines-this is what is behind Wukee & Jessie some Australian lines(sadly known TNS/CL producers-one very good reason for having them DNA tested), but the rest of the pedigree is IMHO brilliant ISDS Supreme Ch Wisp, Ob Ch Morena Moss of Maradonar & Ob Ch Charouska Kris Moss(these two twice)& Moss goes back to good ISDS dogs. I paid what I thought was a fair price especially as the bitch had to have a C section & the puppies eye screened & vet checked & reared with no expense spared, which was £400-these puppies would not be suitable for first time dog owners as they are very work orientated & have a lot of drive(Wukee has surprised me by showing good eye towards sheep & ducks). I wouldn't necessarily charge the same for any puppies I breed, I know I will be gifting at least two if not more to some very very special people(these are very very close & dear friends) who will give them the best forever homes possible & I will be keeping at least one so I may have any for sale anyway

Nope, I go out with the intention of getting another companion, if they turn out to be a showable dog/obedience/sheeptrialing etc dog well that's an extra(although I've only ever shown as for enjoyment)
As stated in the first part of your response, when looking at a new pup, you do have other things in mind, rather than just a companion. I'm commenting on those that just want a companion, they wouldn't care whether it came from certain lines etc. So are unlikely to pay more than necessary for a pup!

And if money is not important I assume any pups you breed will be in similar price region to Moobli's!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by I-mac77 View Post
As stated in the first part of your response, when looking at a new pup, you do have other things in mind, rather than just a companion. I'm commenting on those that just want a companion, they wouldn't care whether it came from certain lines etc. So are unlikely to pay more than necessary for a pup!

And if money is not important I assume any pups you breed will be in similar price region to Moobli's!
I don't have other things in mind but I know the bloodlines that produce dogs that I can live with & most show bred dogs wouldn't suit me(to laid back)

My puppies(if there ever are any)will be placed in homes that are right for them, as I wrote I will be gifting two if not more to very special homes where they will be safe & have the best quality of life for them, if there are any left to actually sell & if I can find suitable homes they certainly would not be £600 each. I could be like a friend of mine keep more than one(she actually kept all the dogs)because she couldn't find homes that were good enough for them(she offered one to me, but I couldn't at that time have one sadly-I don't know who was more upset-I follow his progress via e mails & photos)
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by willowish View Post
As to prices of BC's it very much depends on the area you live in a fully health tested KC reg puppy in my area costs £300-£400.

[/IMG]
Our pups are not KC registered, but ISDS registered.
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

11-07-2008, 04:06 PM
I don't have other things in mind but I know the bloodlines that produce dogs that I can live with & most show bred dogs wouldn't suit me(to laid back)
This is what I mean, the average owner only knows they want a particular breed...........you have a little more to it than that. You know which bloodlines you want and will pay to get them! It is unlikely that a PF would suit your interest!

My point goes back to the fact that, an average family that only has the point that they want a particular breed, aren't interesting in lines, pedigree etc etc, so they only difference they will see is the price!
willowish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 04:07 PM
I know that Kirsty I wasn't commenting on your pups just the £600 plus price tags being mentioned which I have seen myself but they have been litters advertised further south.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Why should the puppies be more expensive ?

The health & breed surveys should be done irrespective of whether the dogs are going to be bred from IMHO. My BC's have had 3/4s of their health tests done, just hip/elbow x rays & clinical eye tests to do. It has cost me £750 + already & I've not even decided whether or not I will be breeding from any of them

In Germany the health tests & DNA profiling are manadatory before being surveyed for breeding purposes-the cost of their puppies hasn't really increased to cover this.
I'm not sure the pupies would be more expensive but the article on the enhanced pedigree said it would initially be more expensive & owners will already have these results on separate forms so was just wondering if many people on here would be prepared to pay a little extra for the security of knowing the results shown by a breeder were on the same form as a DNA ratified pedigree.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 04:12 PM

My puppies(if there ever are any)will be placed in homes that are right for them, as I wrote I will be gifting two if not more to very special homes where they will be safe & have the best quality of life for them, if there are any left to actually sell & if I can find suitable homes they certainly would not be £600 each. I could be like a friend of mine keep more than one(she actually kept all the dogs)because she couldn't find homes that were good enough for them(she offered one to me, but I couldn't at that time have one sadly-I don't know who was more upset-I follow his progress via e mails & photos)
We wanted all our pups to go to good, kind working homes, rather than pet or sport homes and most buyers came to us through word of mouth.

We ended up keeping three pups as we were so pleased with the litter. We will just have to keep everything crossed that they will work!

Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by willowish View Post
I know that Kirsty I wasn't commenting on your pups just the £600 plus price tags being mentioned which I have seen myself but they have been litters advertised further south.
Oops ok - sorry!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
We wanted all our pups to go to good, kind working homes, rather than pet or sport homes and most buyers came to us through word of mouth.

We ended up keeping three pups as we were so pleased with the litter. We will just have to keep everything crossed that they will work!
Awh bless em not much left of the cow LOL
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »