Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Really good news about big pup though part of me wanted you to get him back.

It is great that you are thinking of puppy walking again especially after seeing the difference you are making - hats off to you A xx
Ta. We wanted/want him back!!!! There is always still a chance but it's looking unlikely...
Puppy walking sort of becomes a way of life!!!
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Lol, I would have thought puppy training as harder work, Ailsa. But I guess you'd have the hyper excitement every evening when a trainee would come home with you.

Perhaps a break over the summer for you before getting a new pup? Fantastic that you are thinking on taking on another one, hope it all goes well.
xx
That's it...the mad evenings and weekends. With a pup you sort of train them into your ways and they accept each other and settle, so you don't have that long term. With a trainee, you probably would never get to the total settling point...

No way we'll take one on over the summer, we are thinking of around October time....meaning by next summer hols it would be either going in for training or old enough to be relatively sensible....
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 10:05 AM
I think you have talked yourself into this one All the downsides of it you have a positive answer too. What you waiting for
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
I think you have talked yourself into this one All the downsides of it you have a positive answer too. What you waiting for
Someone to talk me out of it!!!! Or my OH to say 'no'....
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 10:13 AM
I have just read the whole thread and kind of knew what the outcome would be before I got to the end

I think another puppy to walk and bring on is an excellent idea Ailsa ... make sure it is a German Shepherd this time

Best of luck.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
No way we'll take one on over the summer, we are thinking of around October time....meaning by next summer hols it would be either going in for training or old enough to be relatively sensible....
I see you have it all planned out already.

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I think another puppy to walk and bring on is an excellent idea Ailsa ... make sure it is a German Shepherd this time

I think Ailsa is too in love with the flatties....
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I have just read the whole thread and kind of knew what the outcome would be before I got to the end

Best of luck.
Thanks Kirsty...we have suggested a GSD or another GSD X or another Flat Coat or Flat Coat X...

we are very predictable I think.

Although at one point I was adamant that we wouldn't be doing puppy walking again for a while as I am loving having just Cosmo and Biff....BUT.... It just took a couple of phone calls and chats and off we go again.
Thing is I'd persuaded OH we need a new kitchen, we'd even got the brochures/worked out the style etc...no point if we're getting a pup again though is there, past experience tells us it will be eaten! So I'm losing with one hand and gaining with another...
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 10:22 AM
I see you have it all planned out already.

I think Ailsa is too in love with the flatties....
We have always had a soft spot for GSDs too, since we puppy walked a cross. Ideally I would really really really like to walk a long haired GSD.....we were close to getting a GSD of our own...
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
We have always had a soft spot for GSDs too, since we puppy walked a cross. Ideally I would really really really like to walk a long haired GSD.....we were close to getting a GSD of our own...
Ahh, I see. And I always thought your heart lay with the flatties. My youngest daughter calls GSDs walking teddy bears, and tells me she's gonna have one when she's older and snuggle up to it in bed.
I can just imagine the fur to clear up, but seeing as she's covered in fur most of the time anyway, I don't think she'd mind.

(Now no sneaking the pup into bed for cuddles by you. )
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Ahh, I see. And I always thought your heart lay with the flatties. My youngest daughter calls GSDs walking teddy bears, and tells me she's gonna have one when she's older and snuggle up to it in bed.
I can just imagine the fur to clear up, but seeing as she's covered in fur most of the time anyway, I don't think she'd mind.

(Now no sneaking the pup into bed for cuddles by you. )
Funnily enough I have been tempted to sneak Cosmo up at night when my OH has been in work..each time I've been close, I've been greeted the next morning with a 'parcel' so have been thankful I haven't let him up!!!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Whatever you do Ailsa it will always work out - I am glad to hear that you know who is doing well - but on the other side bit disappointed for you - but what will be will be as they say hey

I can see that the boarding would be trickier - and you are made for puppy walking so I say go for it and all the best with it
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >