View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Ohhh I am SOOOO glad I have horses to see to and raw food to deliver...as I fear I might end up banned if I stay here..

Good Luck Tara!!

Oh and to the OP..if the only difference you can see between an NI and a Mal is that they are darker and heavier built can I suggest..."you shoulda gone to Specsavers!!!!!"
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 02:09 PM
excuse me,i am not arguing with anyone,and if you bother looking on the last few northern inuit threads that have got locked, its you on there arguing not me.
i simply stated that are dogs have thick dense coats
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by juliekelham View Post
excuse me,i am not arguing with anyone,and if you bother looking on the last few northern inuit threads that have got locked, its you on there arguing not me.
i simply stated that are dogs have thick dense coats
Julie, get off yer high horse Northern Inuit threads were being locked because of you LONG before I was a member of this forum
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Ive only seen a couple of NI but both of them seemed to resemble GSD in outline rather than a Mal.
I know what you mean about coats as well, there not as thick as a mal but its hard to explain.
I actaully love both breeds but I wouldnt have an NI until they sort out the in fighting and health.
Ok ZB I'm on my way is there room for another under the bed.
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Julie, get off yer high horse Northern Inuit threads were being locked because of you LONG before I was a member of this forum
whatever, ive no intention of arguing with you.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
on yer marks, get set, GO,,,,,
SHADDAP YOU !!!

Right, for the OP. Hope this helps. These aren't any particular images, and dont know who they belong to, just ones I grabbed from Google, which is what most people tend to do to show examples.

Siberian Husky

Alaskan Malamute

Northern Inuit

I'm sure you can see what I mean by the 'obvious' coat difference between Mals and NIs.

Hope that helps.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Thank you very much
I love them Im considering one
Hi Sprocket if you are thinking of buying a Malamute and go to a good breeder you will know pretty much what the dog will look like when fully grown / what sort of traits and temperament to expect/any health problems the breed is susceptible too .
With a new breed like Inuits, a puppy could grow to resemble a number of breeds in looks and temperament because the 'Inuit breed' has no recognizable conformity as yet (look at lots of pictures of them and you will see what I mean) and it is not easy to determine possible health problems.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Ive only seen a couple of NI but both of them seemed to resemble GSD in outline rather than a Mal.
I know what you mean about coats as well, there not as thick as a mal but its hard to explain.
I actaully love both breeds but I wouldnt have an NI until they sort out the in fighting and health.
Ok ZB I'm on my way is there room for another under the bed.
Plenty of room hun, but the way this thread is heading theyre will be none, every one quick run.
Tis what put me off the NI was the fighting hun and the not knowing for definate, I would rather it was written in stone than only being told.
sprocket
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Oh dear what have I started ?
Now now everybody chill its friday ! yay
Louise13 my eyesights fine thanks ....I dont need to go to specsavers
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 02:34 PM
I love the look of the dogs, i just wondered why several of you would not have a husky! I am curious, never had experience close up with any of these dogs..

Just know that with any new pup you need to know what you are getting into. Health and background is essential to know of parents, g-parents and gg- grandparents etc. Also i would want to see proof of hip scores and other relevant health tests done etc.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »