View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Yep Aitch and your a daughter in a million and if mine turn out like you il only be too happy.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Awwww, what a lovely thing to say toni You're right of course though!!!!!! xxxxx
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 01:12 PM
So glad she is feeling a bit better and the op went well.
Hugs to you and your mum.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Thanks Sarah-Jane, it's better than expected, a lot better.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Good news Helena...hope it continues. You made me laugh about your Mom talking in a loud voice, my Mom does that....thinks no-one can hear her...but they can.Here's something to smile over.......
Awhile back we sorted out a hearing test for her, and she had earing aids, well a week or so back she had them in, my sister took her to Spalding shopping and Mom reports back to me the following day....Well there was a bloody woman sat in the coffee shop and Stephanie...she talked so load I could hear every word. She was a bloody posh bit, you could tell, she wanted everyone to hear her business......Then she said I took my earing aids out, and you wouldn't believe it as soon as I did that she started mumbling................. sorry I was nearly wetting myself on the other end of the phone
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 01:48 PM
PMSL at that, so would I have been!!!! They're funnier than kids when they're that age arent they!!!! I used to have one old girl at our rest home who was blind and half deaf and she wore a hearing aid, and one day when I was trying to tell her something, I repeated it louder and louder, and LOUDER but still got a blank look, so I asked her if she had her hearing aid on and she replied "no, I don't like it on, it makes things too loud"!!!!! Soooo funny aren't they! Mind you, mum's had the smile wiped off her face for the time being, but I'm sure it will come back in a few days, no worry about that one!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
she seemed quite happy this morning sitting down. I hope I'm as strong as her when I reach the ripe old age of 84!!! I take my hat off to her I really do, she's one in a million with all that she's been through of late.
That should read two in a million........you and her

So glad she's feeling happy and can move around better now.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Shouldn't take the p*** but here's another one, Last month just Pat and I went up to see her, so now she's in the car in the front seat, we were just travelling to the next village to pick up my sister, when I saw some very beautiful Highland Cattle.............Oh! I said look at them aren't beautiful...............Yes replies Mom, I've got some of them growing in my garden, they have lovely blooms in the summer

Pat couldn't look in the mirror at me as I had to stuff my sleeve into my mouth :lol

Ps(edit) shouldn't laugh but my sister has told me loads......and we have been nearly wetting ourselves....But I love her loads
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Just read your update Sounds good x and she is such a love bless her, sending more hugs x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Brilliant news that she's doing so well Aitch. Long may it continue bless her.xxxxx
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >