Female 

05-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Dyson as well
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by wendy taylor View Post
I am ashamed to say my husband fell for the sales patter of a Kirby rep,and its blooming useless,fifteen hundred quid of hoover and its forever blocking up,needing servicing,the carpet shampooer does not actually clean just leaves the carpets wet,so thats never used,in fact I do not think I have ever used the big box of gadgets that came with it,sigh
Wendy
£1500 quid!!!!???? I hope he got the Kirby rep included in that price and they come and do the hoovering for you???? Blooming 'eck, no way!!! All that shopping!!!!!
Cathy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Must admit the Kirby did look good on the demo they give but far to big and bulky.
Dyson animal for me and vax pet for the refresh.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 05:24 PM
After 3 Dysons gave up and went for an Electrolux in the sale at Argos, its been brilliant picking up hairs as good as Dyson but much cheaper. Dysons excellent but soon break down at least they have in my family!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Seems like the Dyson is the favorite in UK but where we are they don't sell Dyson and because of spares I didn't want to buy it in UK so we opted for the Bosch GAS25 which OH is very happy with. It sucks up the dogs hairs so much better than the normal domestic vacuum cleaners and it automatically 'shakes' the filter to prevent it clogging up
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 05:42 PM
I bought a Dirt Devil Pet or whatever its called and it is USELESS!!! It cuts out after about 10mins, cos poor baby gets too hot So then I have to use my Electrolux Xio... which for a dinky cylinder is pretty effective... DD will be traded in for a Dyson me thinks!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 06:09 PM
We've got the original old Dyson DC01 and it's still going.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by wendy taylor View Post
I am ashamed to say my husband fell for the sales patter of a Kirby rep,and its blooming useless,fifteen hundred quid of hoover and its forever blocking up,needing servicing,the carpet shampooer does not actually clean just leaves the carpets wet,so thats never used,in fact I do not think I have ever used the big box of gadgets that came with it,sigh
Wendy
We have one as well Wendy, as you say, the suctions not that great but it's goog for folks that have sore arms or shoulders, there's a self-drive clutch linked to the motor so it's very easy to push and pull, the castor wheels engage the drive clutch and it goes along by it's self.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Sorry I'm not so posh....don't have a Dyson, but my son's do they say they are good. I have two one cylinder, just for those small jobs and an industrial one, which was given to me it not only gets up the hairs but would suck up the carpets if I let it.....it's great
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >