View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-01-2008, 11:44 PM
I found it really sad and thought the love and attention given to the dolls could have been channelled into more rewarding activities.

There are many ways to help with real babies, for experienced mothers there are mentoring schemes to support new mothers . For those without children there is fostering/ relief care for disabled babies .

As Inca says it is up to people how they spend their money it just seemed rather a waste. Give me a puppy any day
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 11:45 PM
live and let live i say .........ODD yes but harmelss to others
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
totally agree ....i spent £300 at crufts last year on the dogs
does that make me sad ? do i need to be sectioned ?

no its my sad hobby to some
True, but you don't push your dogs round in a pram dressed up as a baby to gain attention! Or do you????? :smt043

Originally Posted by AliceandDogs View Post
I agree that it's their hobby, but as others have said some of them are taking it to the extreme. You also have to question why it's their hobby too.
Totally agree with the above, it is a hobby, that's fine, but some of them are making it much more than that. That's when it starts to feel wrong......
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 11:46 PM
y dont they go toys are us and buya 40 quid doll

- least it pees and craps -

Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Yes, having children is a lifestyle choice but would you deprive someone the right to be a mother just because they were not financially secure? Sometimes life sends a curved ball and we have to do what is best in the situation we are in. We should not cast judgement if that child is loved and wanted. There are many children who are born into well to do homes who suffer lack of love and attention. we can not plan our lives completely. Having children is not the same as having dogs.we can not just contact abreeder and be put on a list. There are many people who wait until they are financially secure and cannot be parents. the gift of life comes at all sorts of times.As a society we can only support and educate and help those who need it when they ask.

I appreciate there are many women who cannot conceive and I accept that dolls may be the answer for some but i still find it strange and still believe we should concentrate our efforts on the families who exist in the real world.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post

As Inca says it is up to people how they spend their money it just seemed rather a waste. Give me a puppy any day
i was told the other day i was mental working to keep my dogs ( cos thats why i work )
my reply was ...

why should it bother them why i work as long as i turn up on time and work hard

yeap a puppy any time mins
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post

I appreciate there are many women who cannot conceive and I accept that dolls may be the answer for some but i still find it strange and still believe we should concentrate our efforts on the families who exist in the real world.
but perhaps they are just happy in their little world and don;t wish to get involved in others ....i lost a child an i can assure you if some one asked me to help new mothers i would have rather topped myself at that time
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
True, but you don't push your dogs round in a pram dressed up as a baby to gain attention! Or do you????? :smt043
you been looking LOL
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Yes, having children is a lifestyle choice but would you deprive someone the right to be a mother just because they were not financially secure? Sometimes life sends a curved ball and we have to do what is best in the situation we are in. We should not cast judgement if that child is loved and wanted. There are many children who are born into well to do homes who suffer lack of love and attention. we can not plan our lives completely. Having children is not the same as having dogs.we can not just contact abreeder and be put on a list. There are many people who wait until they are financially secure and cannot be parents. the gift of life comes at all sorts of times.As a society we can only support and educate and help those who need it when they ask.

Is Motherhood a right? Perhaps before people assume they have a right to have a child they should stop and think about what sort of life they could give that child. Having a child is not a right imo, but a responsibility.

Yes mistakes happen, but in this day and age (contraceptives available etc) there are very few viable excuses imo.

I really have little sympathy for those with kids that claim they are struggling, especially in this day and age where they're probably better off than those of us who are single, work hard, can't afford a mortgage, but still get pipped to the post by those who claim to have a god given right to have kids and as many as their "human rights" desire!!!!! [This is aside from the genuine accident and unforseen circumstances - marital break up etc. No offence intended to anyone readin this, it is not aimed at ANYONE]

There are many out there that have kids without even a second thought to the childs welfare - THAT is what I object to.

If I desperately wanted a child and I felt I could not afford to look after it properly would I go ahead and have one anyway? No! And I have to ask - would you do that to a dog?

Sorry completely off topic, but it bugs me!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 12:08 AM
was married 5 years before we could afford to have a baby we needed both incomes ....no tax creds back then
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >