View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2007, 11:04 PM
I met my first "serious" boyfriend through the internet. He lived in Kent, and I lived in Essex, so we communicated via MSN, email and text messaging, and we took turns calling each other. I went and stayed with him regularly, and he came to mine as well. We stayed together for nine months before deciding to call it quits.

My current OH lived in Essex, and we met after I had moved to North Yorkshire! We met through a mutual friend, and spent a lot of time chatting online. I went to Essex for our friend's birthday, and over the weekend we completely fell for each other . We spent a few months texting, emailing and would call each other every day. After a while, we decided we just couldn't bear the distance anymore, so he moved in with me! He's lived here for six months now, and we're still in that lovely honeymoon period. I couldn't bear to be away from him again.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
And no bloody wonder... he's a right hansome devil
The ex next door but one and his cronies like to watch us on here so I dont post these days.

Shame as it used to be the place Ian & I enjoyed.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-11-2007, 12:09 AM
I met Karen 18 years ago (tomorrow) in the middle of the North sea on a Ferry coming home from Belgium.

She was 15 living in Perth (Scotland) and I was just short of my 18th birthday living in Warrington and about to move to South Wales.

We spent the next few years having our own relationships but would always write to each other and once or twice I visited if I was ever in Scotland.

Anyway - a few years passes and in 1994 we both found ourselves single again so we decided to meet up and see and how things went.

After our first weekend 'together' in Edinburgh we began a 'long term relationship' which continued for two years. I'd drive to Edinburgh at weekends or Karen would come down on the train.

In 1996 we decided we had to step things up so I packed my bags and moved to Scotland.

1n 1999 we were married - in 2000 we had Hannah and although we've had the same old ups and downs as most folk, here we are in 2007 so I'd say yes, long distance relationships can work.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
The ex next door but one and his cronies like to watch us on here so I dont post these days.

Shame as it used to be the place Ian & I enjoyed.
Aww that is such a shame, why don't they get a life sad sods.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I met Karen 18 years ago (tomorrow) in the middle of the North sea on a Ferry coming come from Belgium.

She was 15 living in Perth (Scotland) and I was just short of my 18th birthday living in Warrington and about to move to South Wales.

We spent the next few years having our own relationships but would always write to each other and once or twice I visited if I was ever in Scotland.

Anyway - a few years passes and in 1994 we both found ourselves single again so we decided to meet up and see and how things went.

After our first weekend 'together' in Edinburgh we began a 'long term relationship' which continued for two years. I'd drive to Edinburgh at weekends or Karen would come down on the train.

In 1996 we decided we had to step things up so I packed my bags and moved to Scotland.

1n 1999 we were married - in 2000 we had Hannah and although we've had the same old ups and downs as most folk, here we are in 2007 so I'd say yes, long distance relationships can work.
Aww what a lovely story. You only get out of a relationship what you put in. Congratulations for tomorrow or is that today now.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-11-2007, 12:30 AM
..........Thanks
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Aww what a lovely story. You only get out of a relationship what you put in. Congratulations for tomorrow or is that today now.
Now I think about it:

November 7th 1989 we first met on the ferry.

November 5th 1994 we began 'this' relationship propper.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2007, 08:13 AM
We have done it for 8 years now. OH is in london all week and then comes home at weekends. The hardest p[art is not them being away but learning to have a different routine when they come home. I am so used to doing things my way all week it is hard to compromise , especially when it comes to losing all the bed and having to share that remote control!!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I met Karen 18 years ago (tomorrow) in the middle of the North sea on a Ferry coming home from Belgium.

thats is such a lovely story phil xxdk
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
We have done it for 8 years now. OH is in london all week and then comes home at weekends. The hardest p[art is not them being away but learning to have a different routine when they come home. I am so used to doing things my way all week it is hard to compromise , especially when it comes to losing all the bed and having to share that remote control!!
Why is it men always take over the telly and the remote xxdk
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >