View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Awwwwww bless what a sad start to her life but a lovely ending for her who now has a mum who loves her so much she looks like shes haveing a lot of fun bless her and and very big well done to you you must have a heart of gold.
G.G.
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-08-2007, 08:19 PM
lovely pics of Connie,what a star! Good for you,she looks so happy. We rescued Honey (a lab!) last november,direct from the puppy farmer,she is 6 and had never been outside either You wouldn`t believe it now though! XXX
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 01:46 PM
It is amazing how well they do, they suprise me everyday. Im sure you will agree, they are worth everything you put into them. I know my reward me a thousand times over!
What is Honeys story then, how did you find her?
G.G.
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Hi Tinkladyv,sorry about delay replying! Honey currant bun (as my OH likes to call her!) came to us last november. My OH was asked by a remote neighbour,who we didn`t know that well,to help build a barn.He came back the first night and said that you wouldn`t believe the amount of dogs that he had there and the conditions in which they were kept,and said he didn`t think I ought to go there as it was v.upsetting. Anyway,to cut a v.long story shorter ,he went away the following week so I was straight over there to see. The dogs themselves actually seemed quite perky considering the awful way that they were being kept,there were dogs and puppies in every available space,crammed in everywhere. Then OH said to look in the barn around the corner,that`s where Honey was. I`ve never seen such a sad dog in all my life she wouldn`t look you in the eye, she just stared at the ground the whole time. It turns out that Honey had lost her last litter of pups (not surprisingly ) so she had been `retired`,in other words just left. She had food and water,they all did,but had no company and no sunlight. Another neighbour had managed to persuade him to take some shepards and westies to `Many Tears`,but he wouldn`t take her as `she was a pet really`I couldn`t talk to this `man` as I didn`t trust myself not to go off on one and I really wanted to get Honey out,so I told OH he had to come back with her the next day or he wasn`t coming in (poor bloke )) And he did,bless him. Told the bloke some story about my granny losing her dog and being upset and he let him take her. He said he couldn`t remember her age,OH half asked what would be like in the car and he said `don`t know,she`s never been off this chain` She had fleas and mange and also secondry infections from both,she had open sores all underneath her belly and elbowsetc and the vet reckoned she had lost about 8o% of her hair. She looked about 12 but when the vet checked her teeth she said she was more like 5 or 6! She had to have 4 treatments to get rid of the mange and loads of baths,which she loved It took her a month to wag her tail,3 months to pluck up enough courage to come in the house and about 6 months to grow her coat and for her sores to heal.In may she started fly ball with our local team (My aviator is her in action!) and on 30th of july we went to Anglesey and she came 4th in the beginners division! She`s the most affectionate,trusting dog you could ever have and I can`t believe she would ever trust another human being,let alone like one Our vet said she didn`t think she would ever be fully socialized as she was too emotionally scarred but she said last monday that she has never been so pleased to be proved wrong. `Somebody` reported that bloke and he had `a visit` from the right people Am so sorry to have gone on but she`s such a sweetie and I love her so much
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Oh that is wonderful and so typical unfortunatly, looks like she really landed on her feet, so happy for you all.
Lots of hugs for Honey
Gemma, Connie, Maisie and Podge
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2007, 03:23 PM
such a sad story ,with a beautiful ending , she is lovely xxdk
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2007, 03:35 PM
what a sweety!! Its so nice she has found a loving home! She's beautiful xxxxx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2007, 03:38 PM
She looks like she's having an amazing time! Bless her, I've got to say this - I've filled with tears reading about her story, you're an inspiration giving this beautiful girl such a wonderful home. I really am touched by this thread. x
G.G.
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Cheers! My reward is everytime I look at her she wags her tail and smiles She`s starting to get excited now-it`s flyball tomorrow!!!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4