Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I think, NO he should not be sent to Iraq, i commend him for wanting to go, but by going he is going to put the men who serve with him at a much higher risk.

It is not the same as Andrew being in the Faulklands, he was a pilot, on ship most of the time, the "ememy" could`nt single him out ..........Harry will be on the front line, in amongst other soldiers, he will become a greater tarrget. these people are already boasting what they are going to do with him when they capture him.. it will spirral us into an even deeper conflict to get out of..... can you imangine if he was killed, or held to ransom .

I would be doublely worried if I had a son/husband serving anywhere near him, and for that reason alone , he should not go.
completely agree....
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-04-2007, 03:00 PM
The people wanting to pull him out should have stopped him from joining up in the first place, now he has he should do the job he joined up to do and he wants to do.

As a lot have said, if the media stop printing and showing where he will be serving and when he is going and he will be hard to spot in uniform anyway, it should not but as bigger problem as people are talking about.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-04-2007, 10:29 AM
I don't think there is anything to discus on this matter, if you sign up as a soldier you take on all that goes with it and that means being sent where you are told.

No one makes anyone join the forces, they do so of their own free will these days. My late husband was conscripted into the Army and was sent to Korea. He stayed on and became a career solder and found himself in places he would have preferred not to be as did many others, they couldn't pick and choose.

I am sure many of the solders serving in Iraq at the moment signed up long before our present government decided to get involved there. Prince Harry (and his advisers )at least knew what might be in store for him before he joined up and he made his choice at that time, there should be nothing more to say.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I think he should if he wants to and as he has said he does. A lot of people are saying not what if he gets killed, but there are 1000s of others fighting out there, so is his life worth more? Inca, you said its a huge security risk but it is a war so everything is a huge huge security risk, his uncle fought in the falklands and a number have been in the armed forces.

If the media stopped printing and showing stories of who he will be commanding, how many he will be commanding and where abouts he will be based the insurgents would be unlikely to target him directly therefore he would be at the same risk as anyone else fighting.
COULDN AGREE MORE THATS WHAT HE JOINED THE ARMY FOR JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER SOLIDERS WHY SHOULDN HE BE ALLOWED TO SERVE HIS COUNTRY
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Prince Harry will be deployed to Iraq with his regiment, the head of the British army has said.
General Sir Richard Dannatt said he had taken the decision personally but stressed it would be kept under review.

He called for an end to the "somewhat frenzied media speculation around this issue... in the interests of all our people deployed in Iraq at this time".
Common sense prevails
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 04:00 PM
so its been confirmed that Harry will not go to Iraq

I am very pleased about that

One journalist was asked why he shouldn't go as Andrew served in the Falklands war his reply was Andrew was not at risk as it wasn;t a war on terror he was not likley to end up on TV in an orange jumpsuit blind folded with a gun to his head ....a very good point indeed

I for one am glad he isn't going and I am sure the parents and loved ones from his regiment are also releived
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Totally pathetic if you ask me, due to the points I have already made.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 04:10 PM
I agree with Stormey.
Becky
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-05-2007, 04:13 PM
I hope he works out on them, giving the reason why should he be treated any different. This goverment say they wont back down to/or negotiate with terrorists but this shows that after a few threats that they will do just that.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 09:21 PM
So, he is NOT going after all!!! I never thought he would, was sure it was just said to make him not appear too wimpey!!! Wish i had a bet on as would have made some cash!!! Although they will give excuses of all kinds, I really dont believe it was ever really on the cards for him to go, yep and me a royalist!
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »