View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 09:29 PM
I would! It's hard enough for genuinely ill people to claim their benefits without scum like that giving them a bad name.
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Stamford View Post
Lucky Star you are right it is an awful process,one that im in the middle of at the moment.But although some disabilities are unseen i couldn't possibly work at all never mind 40 hrs,and if i could,i wouldn't be doing it cash in hand.
That's very true. People seem to think that being disabled means you must be in a wheelchair. My brother has a heart condition and has a blue badge. Once we went to Ikea shopping, parked in the disabled bay and were just about to put the badge on the dashboard when some nosy women took it upon herself to tell us that the bay was for disabled people and that we shouldn't be parking there, proper shouting at us. I was livid with the woman. How dare she tell us anything when one, she wasn't a parking attendant and two, she had no idea of our entitlement to use the diabled bay. This is a bit off topic but I'm saying we can't always assume to know the ins and outs of a person's situation. Things aren't always as they seem.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Think I'll be shopping him then, just want to reassure people that I'm absolutely 100% sure he's claiming fraudulently. He has a false leg, which he claims benefits for and then does cash in hand on a building/housing site - odd jobs, plastering, decorating etc

I've over heard him talking to his best mate about it (a good friend of mine). In fact I was having a conversation with my friend the other day and he was getting a bit hacked off as he'd lent this bloke a couple of hundred pound several weeks ago and hadn't paid it back!

Just wish I could remember this blokes surname! I know where he lives and his first name, but not his surname. Thing is if I ask my friend his surname he'll know it was me that shopped him!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
That's very true. People seem to think that being disabled means you must be in a wheelchair. My brother has a heart condition and has a blue badge. Once we went to Ikea shopping, parked in the disabled bay and were just about to put the badge on the dashboard when some nosy women took it upon herself to tell us that the bay was for disabled people and that we shouldn't be parking there, proper shouting at us. I was livid with the woman. How dare she tell us anything when one, she wasn't a parking attendant and two, she had no idea of our entitlement to use the diabled bay. This is a bit off topic but I'm saying we can't always assume to know the ins and outs of a person's situation. Things aren't always as they seem.
I'm very surprised at this actually, coz when I tried to get a blue badge for my 82 yr. old Mum coz she couldn't walk far, they actually refused it because she could walk more than 10 yards???? We now have one, which was endorsed by the doctor who has to do this nowadays, because she cannot actually walk more than 5 yards! I myself have a heart condition and yet I am totally unable to claim!?? The form states if you can walk further than 10 yards you don't get one, which is quite ridiculous in itself really coz my Mum had a broken ankle when I first got refused!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4