View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Just watched the video, and yes it's bad, very bad, but not as bad as the write up made it sound? Not to me anyway???
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 12:30 PM
I agree with you Helena, it sounded a lot worse by the original report.

The taxi driver had a quick change of profession too! The media Don't you just love it!

I'm not saying it's not bad, it is but a bit sensationalised to say the least...
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Poor little boy.
kristian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hayley I have said on many occasions that I do not think it helps when the tabloids sensationalise articles.

No one else on here to my knowledge has tried to over sensationalise a story by changing the title and including a breed which is not even mentioned in the article. If someone had done this with a bull breed you would have been the first to grumble.

The title of the article is there is no mention of any breed in the title , you decided to add a breed which is not even mentioned in the article, it actually says 'collie' which could mean anything.
You called it ..[I]An horriffic dog attack by a Border Collie
But if this was a staffie attack the breed would have been in the title!
no matter what the breed anyhow it's down to the owner!
Hope this lad makes a full recovery soon!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hayley I have said on many occasions that I do not think it helps when the tabloids sensationalise articles.

No one else on here to my knowledge has tried to over sensationalise a story by changing the title and including a breed which is not even mentioned in the article. If someone had done this with a bull breed you would have been the first to grumble.

The title of the article is there is no mention of any breed in the title , you decided to add a breed which is not even mentioned in the article, it actually says 'collie' which could mean anything.
You called it ..An horriffic dog attack by a Border Collie
Hayley you are supposed to be against breed discrimination yet you contribute to it, I guess breed discrimination only matters to you if it concerns a bull breed .
Ok so if i go and check through all the bull breed attack threads you would have said something along the lines of what you have posted on this thread?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
Ok so if i go and check through all the bull breed attack threads you would have said something along the lines of what you have posted on this thread?
Search all you like, I am not aware of one instance where a thread starter has 'assumed' the breed involved in an incident and stuck it in the title. The tabloids do this kind of thing , I don't think is is helpful if dog owners also do it.
Seems an odd coincidence this thred was started only days after you stated ....
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
I wouldnt trust a collie with my child over a stafford to be honest, nor would i choose a collie to have in my house when i have children, because i have met many who bite and shouldnt be kept as pets
it seems when some bull breed owners go on about not agreeing with breed discrimination this only applies when it concerns their breed!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
So where are the dog wardens then? Don't they have any???? Why are these dogs roaming free? We don't have that in our town??? That's what I would want to know!
We have two dog wardens here in Derry as far as I'm aware and they are flat out working. Northern Ireland has the highest rate of stray dogs in the UK and it just seems to be the norm to get a dog and let it wander.

Whenever I have rang them to complain about dogs wandering it takes them about two days before they can call out to the area to investigate.

(As for the type of dog reported, there are alot of collie type mongrels around here.)
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Just watched the video, and yes it's bad, very bad, but not as bad as the write up made it sound? Not to me anyway???
Perhaps not as bad as you interpreted the article. But I'm sure it was horrific for the child to have been grabbed and dragged around by a dog. Any bite that breaks the skin is bad enough. Just because his injuries aren't as bad as you expected doesn't take away from the fact that a neglected dog made an attack on a young child.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 02:01 PM
But we only have the mothers say that he was dragged around. If you watch the GSD attack, which actually shows the attack, the lady said she was dragged to the ground when in reality she tripped over and fell when the dog wasn't touching her!
Becky
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-03-2007, 02:10 PM
I hope that little boy can try and get over his ordeal soon. But, to be honest, yes it is an awful attack, but if that dog had meant to kill or seriously injure that lad he would have been in a far worse condition than what he is in, firstly, have you noticed that he is using his bitten arm to do everything? I will be honest I don't think we are being told the whole truth about this attack.

I don't mean to make light of this attack, but something to me isn't right about this.

Sorry if I have upset anyone.

Ian
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »