Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 02:34 PM
but......
We have, I think, reached the stage where something needs to be done.
I agree there should be a limit on how many dogs can be walked at one time.

I have to say...and I have said before...I would be happy to wlak mine on a long line. If they have to be muzzled...not great, but you know what, they would soon ocme to associate a muzzle with good things...like getting out and about.
Not ideal...nope...but...

I still think that the reaction of this specific council is knee jerk and foolish though. Legislation, as the DDA has proved ,needs to be thought out carefully and resourced properly.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
but......
We have, I think, reached the stage where something needs to be done.
I agree there should be a limit on how many dogs can be walked at one time.

I have to say...and I have said before...I would be happy to wlak mine on a long line. If they have to be muzzled...not great, but you know what, they would soon ocme to associate a muzzle with good things...like getting out and about.
Not ideal...nope...but...

I still think that the reaction of this specific council is knee jerk and foolish though. Legislation, as the DDA has proved ,needs to be thought out carefully and resourced properly.
Not having a go Ailsa but ...

I may well be in the minority here but I don't feel that any radical changes need to be made

I would fight tooth and nail against any restrictions on how many dogs I could walk, whether they be muzzled and whether they should constantly be kept on a lead in public places. I fail to see why I, as a responsible, sensible adult and dog owner, should be made to pay for the actions of a few mindless idiots.

My blood pressure is rising again ... so am off for a cup of tea
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Not having a go Ailsa but ...

I may well be in the minority here but I don't feel that any radical changes need to be made

I would fight tooth and nail against any restrictions on how many dogs I could walk, whether they be muzzled and whether they should constantly be kept on a lead in public places. I fail to see why I, as a responsible, sensible adult and dog owner, should be made to pay for the actions of a few mindless idiots.

My blood pressure is rising again ... so am off for a cup of tea
I agree totally... the authorities need to get off their comfy chairs and deal with the idiots. Creating new laws and restrictions, that only the law abiding will follow, will do nothing to stop all these incidents there have been of late.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
I agree totally... the authorities need to get off their comfy chairs and deal with the idiots. Creating new laws and restrictions, that only the law abiding will follow, will do nothing to stop all these incidents there have been of late.
Hooray - glad I am not the only one who feels like this
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 03:05 PM
No your not the only one Moobli

Aisla I can understand where your coming from really I do, however I would definately fight tooth and nail if there was a law brought in about having muzzles on dogs at all times. No way would I go along with that, neither would I take to walking them on a long line. Only time I would consider a long line is if I had a dog that took off on me.

Because of a few attacks that are having their flames fanned by the press, there are still more children hurt each year in cars/accidents in the home. But you wont see pathetic papers like The Sun stating facts like that in their paper
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Hooray - glad I am not the only one who feels like this

You can count me in, Over the last few months I have tried to see it from all sides, but its getting silly now, I wonder what boffin in the council came up with " o.k to stop dog attacks (drug dealers dog btw who did it at home to a family member) not a decent law abiding person walking there dog that pulled a child off a swing or the like,
"I think we should fine anyone whos dog attacks another dog" where tf is the connection,,,,, dog bites dog.... punished but nothing saying dog bites a child what the f is wrong with these morons, Its the final straw for me,,,, money revenue thats what it is,,,b******* suck us dry with tax,council tax, road tax, NI contributions,,this that now they want to tax our f hobbies well they can go f themselves, its not as if the rubbish they are proposing is even going to be seen as a step towards stopping children being bitten, I tell ya If I ran this country it would be a better place I could sit up high shouting ooorrfff wiv his head
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
You can count me in, Over the last few months I have tried to see it from all sides, but its getting silly now, I wonder what boffin in the council came up with " o.k to stop dog attacks (drug dealers dog btw who did it at home to a family member) not a decent law abiding person walking there dog that pulled a child off a swing or the like,
"I think we should fine anyone whos dog attacks another dog" where tf is the connection,,,,, dog bites dog.... punished but nothing saying dog bites a child what the f is wrong with these morons, Its the final straw for me,,,, money revenue thats what it is,,,b******* suck us dry with tax,council tax, road tax, NI contributions,,this that now they want to tax our f hobbies well they can go f themselves, its not as if the rubbish they are proposing is even going to be seen as a step towards stopping children being bitten, I tell ya If I ran this country it would be a better place I could sit up high shouting ooorrfff wiv his head

Blimey someone's a bit cross
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 03:36 PM
I tell ya If I ran this country it would be a better place I could sit up high shouting ooorrfff wiv his head
Love it
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Dont know whats got into me Im all angry about the whole thing now,,,, Sorry for being a bit,,,
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Dont know whats got into me Im all angry about the whole thing now,,,, Sorry for being a bit,,,
Gosh dont worry

We all get worked up about things that are really important to us
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »