View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Canineconcepts an online dog supplier have Savic crates which are really strong for good prices. They have a giant breed one for £80. We have our NI in one if we go out as he chews everything even when we are in and tried to pull the plugs out of the electric sockets too. It is good to know he is safe. He just sleeps when we are out and sleeps in his crate at night too.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by flow-wolf View Post
Yes she has her daily morning walk up on the bowling greens across the road,then an evening walk just before it goes dark ( partner works nights,so I make sure she goes out before half 5 ).
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Get her a rig and take her for a trek.. That will tire her out!!!!
I would guess the bowling green walk is onlead, what about the other walk...I know you can't lets mals off lead but does she ever get the opportunity to run and let off steam? If she is 3 in may she will be able to take all the excersise you can throw at her which would definitly help along with the other suggestions
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Bowling green on lead,the only place I can really let her off lead is the country park which is half hour walk from mine,havent really been down there during winter because of the bad weather we have been having,there is a park across the road,I've let her off in there and she does come back when I call,its just if someone is walking through she'll run for them,too people friendly.

I've just had a look on ebay at some folding crates,so this is looking like a possibility.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by flow-wolf View Post
Bowling green on lead,the only place I can really let her off lead is the country park which is half hour walk from mine

How long do you walk her for??

... they can run 3 miles in 20minutes..so the half hour is nothing to her
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2007, 10:02 PM
When we get down to the big country park,I'm down there for hours with her,she has a swim in the river normally,and we have her running around in the woods.

I'd say a couple of hours when we get there,she likes to have a play with the dogs we see.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 12:21 AM
Sorry.. I meant like normal daily walks..

Like the walk before you leave her when she does all the chewing...

If you have to leave her then it's a good idea to take her for a long walk before... as this is more likely to tire her out and she may just sleep instead of chewing things
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
If you have to leave her then it's a good idea to take her for a long walk before... as this is more likely to tire her out and she may just sleep instead of chewing things
Yep, I used to give Rupe a half hour run on the field before leaving for work and it pretty much stopped the chewing. That and leaving him in my bedroom where for some unknown reason the only thing he chewed was my bras if I was stupid enough to leave one lying around
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Mine has ate my bras,socks,boxer shorts,knickers,fetish for socks,dont know why she does this,shredded our new duvet set,ate my daughters rug,nearly killed the Xmas tree,and so on.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 01:10 AM
Lola likes curtains and socks.. and anything that looks like comfy to lie on.. carpet, rugs, blankets.. but she is getting better..
Or should I say WE are getting better and not leaving things lying around.. she has only chewed one set of curtains.. so we moved her crate where she couldn't pull them through the bars... and now she just steals the socks and cuddles them.. and we lifted most of the carpets and put down flooring and she seems to like it...

she doesn't destroy things now she just steals them and waves them about... then brings them to us and gives us them.. she is rather comical..
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Glad to say I left Flow alone last night whilst I went to work,and she was fine,put her bed and toys in the kitchen,only thing that had moved was her food bowl,she'd carried it upstairs with her lol
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >