Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I honestly believe that bringing back national service would help sort this sort of problem out. A little bit of discipline would go along way to helping these kids have a little respect for people and their property.
do u really think teaching these thugs how to kill and maim would help??if they are mentally unbalanced enough to cause problems for pensioners and other *soft targets* giving the means to do even worse damage, dont bear thinking about.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
do u really think teaching these thugs how to kill and maim would help??if they are mentally unbalanced enough to cause problems for pensioners and other *soft targets* giving the means to do even worse damage, dont bear thinking about.
lol-being a soldier dont always mean killing-our troops are the worlds best peace keepers and is why they are always in demand.I agree with Rips that it would teach hooligans respect,discipline,tact and diplomacy which are valuable life skills.
gaz
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
lol-being a soldier dont always mean killing-our troops are the worlds best peace keepers and is why they are always in demand.I agree with Rips that it would teach hooligans respect,discipline,tact and diplomacy which are valuable life skills.
I totally agree with your statement.
I also work with the Air cadet force, which caters for children 13 to adult, and i can say that none of th 68 cadets have ever been in any trouble since they have been cadets.
It is down to them learning respect. They have to call all officers by their title, and this is were some of our local schools have made a mistake i believe, as some teachers allow the children to call them by their first name.
I am not surprised that children's attitude has changed over the years and I dont think it is for the better.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
Err did I say that?????

I think I said:
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
A little bit of discipline would go along way to helping these kids have a little respect for people and their property.
Definition of discipline: .
1.Training expected to produce a specific character or pattern of behavior, especially training that produces moral or mental improvement.
2. Controlled behavior resulting from disciplinary training; self-control.
3. a. Control obtained by enforcing compliance or order.
b. A systematic method to obtain obedience: a military discipline.
c. A state of order based on submission to rules and authority: a teacher who demanded discipline in the classroom.

I doubt the poor soldiers in Iraq are just given a gun and left to "get on with things". Being in such a tough environment would take a great deal of self respect and self control, something so many youngsters don't seem to have these days.
gaz
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-12-2006, 12:11 AM
I know that times have changed and in most ways I am glad that they have, but I believe since the rules around punishment have changed so have the youths, I dont mean all the young, there are some great kids around.
I know that in my area the youth crime has rising steadily for the last 15years or so, and this is because there is no deterrent.
BRING BACK NATIONAL SERVICE
I dont expect everyone to agree, but I would like to hear some other ways to bring back respect.
Ray
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
I know that times have changed and in most ways I am glad that they have, but I believe since the rules around punishment have changed so have the youths, I dont mean all the young, there are some great kids around.
I know that in my area the youth crime has rising steadily for the last 15years or so, and this is because there is no deterrent.
BRING BACK NATIONAL SERVICE
I dont expect everyone to agree, but I would like to hear some other ways to bring back respect.
I agree, bring back national service, but first and formost, bring back more discipline in schools. Kids are treated with kid gloves now, and look at what we've got as a result
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 09:15 AM
sorry changed my mind...
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4