View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ozmutt
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2007, 02:23 AM
Now that she has learnt to swap, she is quite comical.

Yesterday, she couldn't find a rock or a snail, so she brought me the back door mat!

Of course, I couldn't swap her for that!

I removed it from her mouth - told her to "leave".

But I knew that I had to leave on a positive note, so got her to beg - for that I did reward her!
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 05:32 AM
Originally Posted by Nicky1979 View Post

The nutty bumscuttles he does every now and again where he runs the entire length of the house & round the dining table 5 or 6 times in a row with his bum tucked under like something is chasing him!!!

He chases his tail like a dog possed, once he's caught it a couple of times he stops dead as he's realised something else is chasing him - his back leg which he then picks up & bites until he falls over

His impatience if I'm giving him a treat - he knows he has to do something to get it so if he feels I'm not quick enough at giving the command he'll go through ALL the tricks he knows until he gets it.
OH my god he must be my dogs twin!!! I was laughing out loud as I read that!! Jack does all the same things except he does a gambol when he catches his tail and he looks a bit like a tyre rolling down a hill!!
He also chucks his toys up in the air and then looks at me gone out when it comes down and cracks him on the bonce.
My favourite tho is "frog dog" He drags himself accross the floor on his belly with his back legs out behind him. Makes the kids fall about when he does that!!!
gaznweebeasties
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-05-2007, 12:03 PM
when penny wants her belly rubbing she doesnt flip over onto her back instead she just cocks her leg and expects you to tickle her

its hard explaining this to visitors who think that she is trying to pee on them
Schnauzerbabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Lexi sucks the side of her paw when you are stroking her belly and then rubs her paw over her ears similar to a cat when they are cleaning themselves I have never seen this in a dog before I usually say to her are you in doggy heaven as she looks so blissfully happy when you do this
Sue
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 08:14 PM
So many to think of

If you are in the living room with Max and you dare to read a newspaper instead of play with him, he puts his head underneath the paper and nods his head up and down then if that doesn't work, he gets his ball and plonks it right in the middle of the page.

If for some reason he is in the kitchen with the gate shut, for example when mummy is hoovering (he attacks the hoover then runs off) he will sit there and talk to me. It starts off with a reallt faint "ruff" and if you continue to ignore him it gradually gets louder and louder until he starts making his 'bear' noises with the occasional loud yap inbetween.

He also loves to play with the hose! If the hose is on the ground and you turn it on, he runs at it, dives on it, bites the water, throws the end of the hose around getting you soaked in the process, yaps at it, then runs around with the end of the hose in his mouth
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 08:38 PM
When china chases her tail whilst making weird groaning sounds and ends up rolling on her back,

when she drags her belly along the ground banging her paws and making groaning sounds again

and when she plays with a bone or kong and she throws it in the air pounces on it, runs away and then attacks it...

also when she wants a belly rub on the sofa she jumps up , puts her paws on the armrest.... squeezes her bum between said armrest and OH and then leans back so she is sat upright, paws out in front of her and head back on the cushions and proceeds to fall asleep to belly strokes...

Everything she does makes me smile!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2007, 12:34 AM
Got loads my pcs by the door Woody runs past loads of time all of a sudden he stops looks at me jumps onto the desk kisses me then runs off, he does this at least 5 times an hour.
spence will take anything of mine and hold it, he never chews it but we cant get it back if you try he talks to you ..we have a lovely conversation.
Then we have pass the parcel, Libby steals things of the work tops we catch her shout "LIBBY BELL" she drops and Woody picks it up the look on his face is priceless as we shout who lost pass the parcel and Libby looks as if to say idiot and walks off :
-GreyhoundGirl-
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Jenny "fights" with her toys. She's snarling and growling and them and tugging and digging her teeth right into their rubbery hide. lol it's quite fun to watch, she thinks she's such a mighty hunter. Garrrrr!

Also, one of her talents is bending her body into impossible-to-imagine positions... We call her Pretzel dog... hehehe. She must be doing that to impress someone, those couldn't possibly be confortable.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2007, 12:42 AM
Why do we never have a camera ready for those moments
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Why do we never have a camera ready for those moments
I am going to have to get a video of Max talking to me through the gate He was doing it the other day and as soon as I got the camera out he went to sleep!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >