Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post
The maths dont seem to add up? if the bitch had a litter in march came into season say 6months later (unless of course it came into season earlier) then the pups wouldnt be born yet...

Theres a few other 'things' that show the red light it'd be a breeder regardless i wouldnt touch ..
Her season would have been in January for her to have a litter in March, if it was 6 months till her next that would make it July..born September, ready to go November (ish)

I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole either
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2006, 10:29 PM
ahh i knew i wasnt adding up right but couldnt see where i was going wrong lol..

I was going on many bitches that seem to defer an extra month or so after a litter as many arent regular after a litter (but thats neither here nor there)
Still wouldnt give them time of day..
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by kyektulu View Post
I think having a dog have more than 1 litter per year is quite cruel, yet most breeders I know have one litter per year per dog.

then you don;t know the right breeders
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Knottybabe have you decided which breed you would possibly like to own?

Surely you must have a couple of breeds in mind?..Breed(s) you think that would suit you & your family best.

Most breeds have breed clubs which can be found easily enough on the internet without having to go through or contact the KC As I said in a previous post to you, perhaps people here who own breeds you are intrested in could perhaps point you in the direction of a reputable breeder who would be more than happy to sit down and have a chat with you about their own chosen breed
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Hear hear!
A bitch MUST have a rest season in between litters as a bare minimum IMO. Some people call themselves "breeders" but having two dogs that willingly mate and produce "valuable" litters do not necessarily make the owners "breeders", just money grabbing opportunists in some cases.
Equally, an owner of a male who lets it mate with any bitch as often as it likes (and to anyone willing to pay the stud fee) is in danger of falling into the same category. I have turned down more bitches than I have accepted, for my dogs.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by knottybabe View Post
hiya
ill email you the link i have Patch......... im not sure what to do or how to report anyone..... i dont like gettin anyone in trouble but i know if there doing this its not right

Ah Dear!!!!
Fanx :smt001
Don`t you worry, I have no qualms whatsoever about reporting those abusing animals [ overbreeding is abuse and illegal ].
They have only themselves to blame for it so any trouble they get into [ any such breeders ] is trouble of their own making
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
then you don;t know the right breeders
In what context do you mean 'the right breeders?'
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Hiya Nicci_L,

Yes we have decide on a GSD! i did reply, buyt sometimes my posts dont show up!!

I said that a couple of people i have asked about have actually been from the KC website!!

but i wont just by from anyone, thats why i like asking on here to get everyones opinions!! as you all know more then me!!
I think ill still look, but we cant buy untill next year untill we have our house anyway, but i still love looking and finding out whose best for me!!
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by knottybabe View Post
Hiya Nicci_L,

Yes we have decide on a GSD! i did reply, buyt sometimes my posts dont show up!!

I said that a couple of people i have asked about have actually been from the KC website!!

but i wont just by from anyone, thats why i like asking on here to get everyones opinions!! as you all know more then me!!
I think ill still look, but we cant buy untill next year untill we have our house anyway, but i still love looking and finding out whose best for me!!
I think anyone who registers a litter with the KC can advertise on the website ,I certainly know a very dodgy "breeder" who only breeds very poor quality ,unhealth checked dogs for profit who advertises on the KC website
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 11:38 AM
yeah i know!

there was one lady, i chatted with her and i really liked her, but on the other website i Used to go on the said dont go to her, she hasnt got good enough reasons to breed..... it really put me off when i really liked her when she has another litter ill post her website, as i cant find it now! and see what you all think!

oh! i just got another reply from these people i started the thread about as i asked to see pics in my orignal email, heres what they put:

'hello there, the next litter in spring will be £550, with kc reg etc, as i said earlier because of new rules, we could not offer kc reg on our present litter. amazing the difference a little bit of paper makes eh? same quality pups, but that's the rules! anyway, here's a couple of pictures of the family! regards'
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4