Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
I'm almost perfect does that count And no I'm not gonna point out anybodies mistakes... I've prob made as many as anyone... I just think that grammar and spelling are not really high on my agenda if/when I'm looking for a pup
I don't think so somehow Ian
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Thread getting waylaid here!!!
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Well I think The price is pretty normal, have seen KC registered ones going for £2000

As for the spelling I have to agree with Ian and say that the spelling mistakes in an advert would not deter me from buying a pup from them providing all they claim checks out and I was happy with the pup. Having both parents and my brother being dyslexic I can only say that grammer and spelling is not how anybody should be judged, from a young age I was writing my own sick notes to school because my mother has difficulties in writing unless she is copying from something. I have an A level in english and my grammer and spelling isn't always perfect, mostly because I type quickly, thank god for spell check

Guess what I am saying is you dont know anything about the person behind the advert and its really not as bad as some I have seen.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-11-2006, 02:47 PM
theres good and bad in every litter we don't keep the bad ones
One has to wonder what happens to the bad ones In well bred litters the puppies are pretty uniform, you don't get 'bad ones' just some that are not quite as up to standard as others.

I agree about the spelling I wouldn't buy a penny sweet from this person. It has nothing to do with grammar or whether or not a person can spell, to me it is about doing things properly and not cutting corners. If someone can't take the trouble to read through and check their advertisement where else have they cut corners.

Good breeders rarely advertise anyway and have a waiting list for their puppies.

I wouldn't go near the sites where these people advertise, in so doing you are giving the sites 'hits' and the people publicity .
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
to me it is about doing things properly and not cutting corners. If someone can't take the trouble to read through and check their advertisement where else have they cut corners.
Hmmm. That's what I essentially wanted to say. You just said it more graciously.
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

13-11-2006, 02:54 PM
If we can leave the grammer aside for one moment I have myself recently seen an advert for the 'proper old english bulldog' the photo showed a dog that could well have been a cross between a boxer and a bulldog, but I cannot remember where I saw it. I think that had the spelling accompanying the picture been so bad it would have stuck in my memory.
I do think that it was in America.

I have a dyslexic son and know what problems it can cause, I also know that anyone with any common sense should have had their advert checked before posting it if they were aiming at "upmarket" prurchasers. Kath.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2006, 03:16 PM
I think its sad if people are taken in by this,surely we all know,when researching the breeds we are interested in and considering buying the defects and health problems they can suffer,I know I did with the BMD,and cancer is high on the agenda the breeder has never claimed to of bred it out of her lines,but has dogs that have lived beyond their expected years,and so far none have suffered from cancer but as we all know it can and does happen.
Some people may buy these thinking these dogs are going to be completely disease free because of the ad and may suffer problems,that will be the sad downfall for these people.
I must also add I am not the best at grammar I am ok on my spelling but I would not consider buying from this person.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I very much doubt it but the person posting that doesn't sound all that intelligent cos the spelling mistakes are absolutely atrocious

HA... I thought the same thing... lol

Sounds like boy cow muck to me...
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 03:28 PM
I agree that, while the spelling and grammar are worrying, the content of the ad is a whole lot more so. I wouldn't touch these pups with someone else's barge pole beacuse of what the 'breeder' has said, not how he has said it.

It is also worth bearing in mind that, as well as dyslexia and other learning difficulties which can account for inaccurate spelling & grammar, english is not necessarily everyone's first language . Not referring to the advertiser as such, but thought it was worth mentioning especially since Dogsey has gone global
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by ShaynLola View Post
I agree that, while the spelling and grammar are worrying, the content of the ad is a whole lot more so. I wouldn't touch these pups with someone else's barge pole beacuse of what the 'breeder' has said, not how he has said it.

It is also worth bearing in mind that, as well as dyslexia and other learning difficulties which can account for inaccurate spelling & grammar, english is not necessarily everyone's first language . Not referring to the advertiser as such, but thought it was worth mentioning especially since Dogsey has gone global
Thank you You put that across so much better than I did
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >