register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: How do you all travel?
In a crate or cage 21 43.75%
In a harness on the back seat 8 16.67%
In the footwell 2 4.17%
Loose 4 8.33%
Other 13 27.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 07:14 PM
The back seats are folded down and Takara travels in her crate (on an angle as they don't fold flat), she used to travel by harness on the backseat but since she's been in the crate she feels more secure and I don't hear a peep out of her.

Eddy travels in the boot space between the boot door and the crate that Takara's in. There's no space for another crate and no space in the one crate for the two of them. Eddy behaves very well but I do fear for his safety in the event of a crash.
My next car will be an estate and I will have a travel crate made up for both of them (or whichever dog we have then, if Eddy's not around...)
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 07:26 PM
I travel Willow in my footwell. I don't drive, but we travel a bit in my Dad's car or by taxi.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-11-2006, 07:27 PM
My two have their seatbelts on a lay down on the back seat. I've got a kinda canvas type thing that covers the seat and hooks onto the headrests so the whole back of the car is covered.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
My two have their seatbelts on a lay down on the back seat. I've got a kinda canvas type thing that covers the seat and hooks onto the headrests so the whole back of the car is covered.
A Hammock ?
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-11-2006, 07:36 PM
No.... just a canvas cover. It hooks over the headrests at the back of the front seats and front of the back seats (that was tricky) covers everything in the back. And theres a couple pockets in it for keeping a lead or whatever and one with a water bottle in. I got it from PAH. Hard to describe but I'll take a pic on Monday when I'm off work
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Seems like we are all pretty safety concious when it comes to cars, should i do a poll to see how many of us check to see if OH wears a seatbelt??
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Well ideally I'd like Isla in a crate, but I'm guessing you won't get one in the boot of a 206!

So I have harnesses for Isla and Pickles (Isla likes to door surf from the back seat, quite a feat when the car only has 3 doors! Will have to get her some doggles thinking about it!).

Woody goes in the boot cos he needs the room!
moonwind
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2006, 09:28 PM
My two go in a big cage in the back of our van
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 09:37 PM
pippa has a harness ..the others go in the big crate

the only reason pippa has a harness is she can be travel sick so its best to have her where i can see her rather than cover the others lOL
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 09:49 PM
We have bespoke tailgate and dog guards fitted.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >