Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by jess View Post

Just slightly off topic,
I heard somewhere one out of 3 households have a dog in britian (don't know how accurate that is, because people like me have three, bumping up the numbers slightly for the rest!!) that's alot...
in school we learn science and languages... one out of three people are NOT going to become scientists or live abroad, is this not crazy. Should we therefore not have a canine education class, since so many people will be involved or at least meet a dog at some point in there lives. Perhaps teaching youngsters would help the future generation to understand the canine langauge and behaviour.(When i become queen...)
Jess nobody commented on the queen comment as it was obviously lighthearted and a joke. Your point about a canine education class did not read that way at all, infact quite the opposite.
I'm guessing you are now saying there shouldn't be canine education classes?

I don't think we are being 'ridiculous' just giving our opinions on what you said...
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 09:21 AM
sorry if i have took out of text just giving an apinion that was all.

but yes you are right it is up to us to teach our kids ect but how will that work if you had a family scared to death of dogs ect where to you start, thats all i was trying to say just a few minutes of time to help those people would make a diffrents thats all.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by sjpurt View Post
sorry if i have took out of text just giving an apinion that was all.

but yes you are right it is up to us to teach our kids ect but how will that work if you had a family scared to death of dogs ect where to you start, thats all i was trying to say just a few minutes of time to help those people would make a diffrents thats all.
i agree with you sjspurt I just don't think it's up to the schools......:smt002
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 09:24 AM
I would have LOVED a canine education class at school but as the others have said, it just wouldn't be practical regarding hours, and, as already said, some children really don't like dogs and don't have any interest at all.

As far as handlers of working dogs, Guide Dogs, Police Dogs, Hearing Dogs and the like, going into primary schools - that is a great idea, but they have a lot more time to play with than in modern secondary schools.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by jess View Post
You guys are ridiculous you have taken this completely out of pro-portion.
I am not a politician and do not ever intend to be. It was said as a light joke, ''wouldn't it be nice if...''

I also mentioned me becoming queen, surprised you didn't jump down my throat over the unrealness of that situation
Jess we knew how you meant it, but we were off topic and it's been moved to it's own thread, so it will naturally become a more serious topic of discussion. I think we would all like to live in doggy utopia but .......
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I would have LOVED a canine education class at school but as the others have said, it just wouldn't be practical regarding hours, and, as already said, some children really don't like dogs and don't have any interest at all.

As far as handlers of working dogs, Guide Dogs, Police Dogs, Hearing Dogs and the like, going into primary schools - that is a great idea, but they have a lot more time to play with than in modern secondary schools.
so would I!!!!!!!!
The curriculum wasn't as overloaded in my days at school though!!!!!!
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 09:26 AM
you don't have to apologise sjpurt, it's just that I have noticed some people on the board seem to throw horrid comments where ever i post. Nothing I say, it seems, cannot be ripped to shreds infront of everyone.

I STRONGLY agree with canine education, because my life is all about dogs, and ANYthing I can do to help more have better lives through education of MIS-informed owners. I am doing my bit by catching those I can, who are interested and not scared, and also by training owners who are at their wits end, or the alternative, taking their dogs, re-training, and finding them good homes.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 09:32 AM
well i wish we all could do our bit then we would be helping in our own way. just keep up the good work where you can that is all we can do. Even if we help person thats a good thing.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 09:35 AM
I wasn't jumping down your throat Jess, what did I say that implied that? . I thought it was quite a nice subject actually.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 09:41 AM
i think this was started off by Jess as a bit of a light hearted comment, i think she realises its not practical for such subject to be introduced.

I do think with so much animal cruelty around it would be a good idea for children to be taught that we have a moral responsibilty not to abuse those which can not defend themselves. i do realise however that teachers are overstreched and i don't envy them in the slightest. i wouldn't like to teach some of the older kids thats around these days, i havn't the paitience.

dont know how to resolve the problem but its the kids with the parents that dont teach them to respect others and animals that need the most help, as they will grow up jsut as bad or worse probably
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »