Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Zetacharlie
Lots of travellers round here- they leave a mess, lots of burglaries, steal dogs, who wants people who have noting to give- they just take....
whilst you are allowed to have your veiw ...you have reiterated the same old stereo types.... dishonest, sly theives.. and exactly how do YOU know what they have to give or not .. do you actually know any gypsies.. or do you read the sun
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by darasa
Considering their are at least 12 million gypsies I would say you have met a minority!
Government statistics says that there are approx 90000-120000 people living in caravans in the UK, i have a statistics A level and this is in my government statistics booklet from 2002. Although I will admit this is not going to be completely accurate due to the fact that they do not fill in census' and also because this data is from 2002.

ETA: NB does not include Ireland though. Just saw that
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 09:42 PM
whilst you are allowed to have your veiw ...you have reiterated the same old stereo types.... dishonest, sly theives.. and exactly how do YOU know what they have to give or not .. do you actually know any gypsies.. or do you read the sun
I do not read the sun, have seen things with my own eyes.
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by Zuba
Government statistics says that there are approx 90000-120000 people living in caravans in the UK, i have a statistics A level and this is in my government statistics booklet from 2002. Although I will admit this is not going to be completely accurate due to the fact that they do not fill in census' and also because this data is from 2002.

ETA: NB does not include Ireland though. Just saw that
I was talking world wide..... and the fact that gypsies do not fill in paperwork is why I said at least 12 million

I do not read the sun, have seen things with my own eyes.
not a reply to your thread .. but your condemntaion/hatred of a race and life style is still shocking to me
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Why do the council find it neccasary to block access to common land......

Rachel
Fair enough,but the point of common land is so that everyone can enjoy the space.

Picture the scene few years ago-You pull up in car park of wonderful countrypark with acres of woods,lakes and open fields.You get out along with your dog and all you can hear is a distant buzzing sound,but you presume its the forestry workers thinning out the trees.

You walk down the hill through a wood towards the main field to be greeted by a dozen or so caravans parked on grass along with the 4x4's,transit vans and more menacingly-kids on quad bikes who are deliberetly swerving at dog walkers.When you tell them to get away from the dogs-you get a tirade of bad language.

Rubbish is strewn everywhere,there are huge piles of recently lopped trees and the familiar Calor gas cylinders scattered.The pathway which stretches around the entire park is tarred gravel and to the kids-makes an ideal race course for their quad bikes.Oddly,they must have different vision to us mere mortals cause they cant see us walking along the paths and you have 2 options-move or be moved.

These maybe a minorty,but they were the problem.

and on that note-im off to bed cause im tired!
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 10:02 PM
I dont care about world wide travellers, they dont effect my council tax rates, just the ones in the UK.

I saw the Fareham travellers site with my own two eyes, My parents live there. Now as for any government website this news was last year and they will now be talking about different issues, but I invite you to check my word and write to the council or if you will accept my local paper reports and pictures next time I am in the Fareham office I will find and photocopy the paper and send it to you. I have absolutely no reason to lie. It is bad enough what they said to me and did to the land whilst I was watching, this is also documented with the police and animal welfare due to the fact they had livestock running around free and some poor dog is bound to get the blame if it played chase with their food.
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2006, 10:19 PM
I dont care about world wide travellers, they dont effect my council tax rates, just the ones in the UK.

I saw the Fareham travellers site with my own two eyes, My parents live there. Now as for any government website this news was last year and they will now be talking about different issues, but I invite you to check my word and write to the council or if you will accept my local paper reports and pictures next time I am in the Fareham office I will find and photocopy the paper and send it to you. I have absolutely no reason to lie. It is bad enough what they said to me and did to the land whilst I was watching, this is also documented with the police and animal welfare due to the fact they had livestock running around free and some poor dog is bound to get the blame if it played chase with their food.

I did not say that I did not believe you... I said I could not find it! and I do not need you to provide "evidence" of what you say ...I am saying that maybe there was more to it than reported.. it is and always has been the "done" thing to blame all on the transient people in the area at the time...
My point when I mentioned worldwide is that gypises are persecuted world wide .. we all see it as only on our doorstep, that these few malcontents turn up and refuse to conform.. when in fact, gypsies, whilst being a minority group, are not just the 25 people making a mess on your local park, there is a whole culture around them that people do not know exists.. and in all honesty they are a "people" in the same way as any other minority group.. and if this thread was about any other minority it would be locked for its racist content.. ..and if you don't think it's racist, for every gypsy or traveller written supplement Jew.. ..... Now how does it sound????
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
You walk down the hill through a wood towards the main field to be greeted by a dozen or so caravans parked on grass along with the 4x4's,transit vans and more menacingly-kids on quad bikes who are deliberetly swerving at dog walkers.When you tell them to get away from the dogs-you get a tirade of bad language.

Rubbish is strewn everywhere,there are huge piles of recently lopped trees and the familiar Calor gas cylinders scattered.The pathway which stretches around the entire park is tarred gravel and to the kids-makes an ideal race course for their quad bikes.Oddly,they must have different vision to us mere mortals cause they cant see us walking along the paths and you have 2 options-move or be moved.

that sounds scarily like our local council estates..mini motos or quad bikes have right of way over foot paths, cycle ways and any park lands.. garbage strewn all over from the bins, cars on bricks,used syringes in the gutters and not a "traveller" in sight!
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 10:27 PM
You are probably right about the racism thing, although I can see where you are coming from I have to believe what I see for myself and not heresay. When travellers show to me that they are decent, law abiding citizens, who recpect our surroundings I will gladly eat my words.

Now I am off to bed cause no doubt I will be woken at 6am by Baku
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2006, 10:29 PM
LOL the joy of having a new baby .. up at 6am.. sleep well Donna, Zuki and Baku

Hugs
Rachel
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »