View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2004, 07:41 AM
See no shame or problem in using a muzzle if there is any chance the dog may bite, one of mine wears one at the vets, it is fear biting but the person at the end of the snap still gets hurt in the same way as a dog that is aggressive. There are one or two breeds that have a difficult head to fit a muzzle to in a satisfactory manner but if your dog can wear a muzzle and is not reliable then it can make for a far more relaxed walk for both you and your dog.

My bitch has become intolerant of some people particular men and children and if I had to walk her in public I would use a muzzle on her, she has always been a bit of a tart but since spaying it has become much worse and I worry if people put their hands over the fence of their exercise paddock and she will jump at it. But I do not see why she should wear a muzzle in her own well-fenced field, I just yell at the person doing it and have probable got myself a name as a fish wife.
Rosievelvet
Dogsey Junior

17-12-2004, 01:05 AM
Thorndell
Just thinking, your saying she had got worse since spaying. Evening primrose oil would help. Start her off on one 500mg capsule per day for 7 days, two 500mg capsules per day for 7 days and then three 500mg capsules per day - keep the three up for 3 months. After three months you can try cutting back on it although you may find that she will need the three. It is not a cure but it does help them. It will only help so long as they keep taking it. It wont hurt and gives them a lovely coat. Ive heard it said that sometimes longer haired bitches coats can go dull after spaying.

Incidently eve prim oil can also help dog to dog aggression. Start off as above. With a small dog, pierce the capsule and give half the amount in its food.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4