View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Oh I noticed that a long time ago.. But once they get fed up of the "what's in it for me attitude" you actually realise that they have taken everyting in...

I have always loved the look of Sam's, Mals and Sibes but since actually having one for the last 6 years it has cemented my loved for these breeds.. I am readily awaiting my next challenge, roll on Mally puppy..
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 03:35 PM
like a few on here have said already, I think there isn't a single breed which I wouldn't like. I just love em all

(However, there is one characteristic which seriously would contradict that, and it isn't solely for a single breed. I detest slaver! Those long stringy slavers that as soon as they shake their head, splatters all over your face... eeeeewwwww..nope, just can' cope with it... Sorry, I just feel ill thinking about it .

I say this now, and yet Sam is a bit of a slaver chops, but I follow him around with a tissue, so even now I'm contradicting myself ).

Lets face it, they are all beautiful -large, small, medium, toy, energetic, sloth, cuddlepot, playful, quiet, vocal.....whatever their characteristic they are all beautiful :smt049
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Anything hairless, toy breeds, anything that dribbles a lot or molts
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
I don't like saying what type of dog I wouldn't have, as I feel people with those dogs will hold something against me!!

But, i'll do it anyway....
I wouldn't have a Collie, or anything similar, as they are too highly strung and energetic.
I would have a husky/nothern inuit types of dogs, as they just aren't the look i'd go for.
I wouldn't have a Staffy, or English Bulldog, as they also aren't the look/temprement i'd go for.
I wouldn't have a Lab or retreiver....as much as I like the ones i've met, they just aren't for me!

I'm sure there is others, as there are so many breeds of dog!

I hope no one is offended.
Despite being a collie cross owner I actually agree with you about collies. They're much better suited to rural homes than urban homes, as I've discovered!! (I'd better duck now in case Snorri comes baying for my blood again!)

Having said that I cannot think of a single dog breed I wouldn't love. I've never met a dog I didn't like of any breed. I'd consider myself lucky to have any dog from a chihuaha to a great dane and anything in between.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Anything hairless, toy breeds, anything that dribbles a lot or molts
Think you have one of the few examples that fit your requirements then the only others I can think of would be a Poodle or an Airedale. Oh, and the Irish & Welsh terriers.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 05:55 PM
I can't think of any dog that I wouldn't want I think all different types have something great about them. I suppose i wouldn't really choose a hairless breed, but saying that if one needed a home then I'd gladly give it one
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
What you have discovered Louise is that Spitz breeds are not normal dogs and are only suitable for those who like a challenge
Tell me about it........
Dogsrule
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2005, 06:47 PM
I'd never own a staffie (far too many of them)

A Boxer or anything else that dribbles.

Another labrador as the last one I had was too clumsy for words (of course I loved him though)

Any dog who doesn't have a braincell

I have to say in my small dogs defence (as many of you mention "small yappy types") My smallest dog Dido who is a jrt barks/yaps less than both my rottie and alsation put together
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Dogsrule
I'd never own a staffie (far too many of them)

A Boxer or anything else that dribbles.

Another labrador as the last one I had was too clumsy for words (of course I loved him though)

Any dog who doesn't have a braincell

I have to say in my small dogs defence (as many of you mention "small yappy types") My smallest dog Dido who is a jrt barks/yaps less than both my rottie and alsation put together

Yes quite agree Dogsrule - our Bichon actually barks less than our GSD did - he isn't yappy because he is small and he NEVER barks when he is out on a walk like some dogs do.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 07:07 PM
I do love all dogs, but there are only a few breeds I would want to own, for loads of reasons - mainly personal preference and lifestyle.

I already have a GSD and a border collie and these are my two fav breeds and they suit my lifestyle, which I think is very important. I love intelligent dogs, who are versatile and high energy - as I love exercise and being outdoors whatever the weather. My breeds are "natural" looking dogs and this also appeals to me.

Small dogs don't really appeal to me due to the amount of exercise I do and the fact I just prefer medium/large dogs, although I do love border terriers.

Bull breeds are just not my scene.

There are some gun dogs that I very much admire, the Irish setter being one, but I doubt I would ever own one. I did consider an English springer spaniel or working cocker at one point but eventually decided against.

I also love the look of Siberian Huskies and dogs of that ilk, but due to some of their traits, I wouldn't own one.

Dobermanns and Rotts are gorgeous looking dogs but, again, not for me.

I adore some of the giant breeds - St Bernards, Leonbergers et al, but they wouldn't be suitable for me due to the amount of exercise I do.

So, after all that, this has turned into more of a "dogs I would own" rather than "dogs I wouldn't own"! But I am sure you get the idea
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »