View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi Did you order 'The Book of the Bitch as advised by everyone I really is invaluable and will answer all you questions..if not I would order it without delay.
...A mucus discharge is normal.
...There are some of the signs of going into whelp that I posted the other day ...
a drop in temp/not eating/nesting/vomiting/panting and this is hours before so you you will have warning .
...The puppies can't move so freely when the bitch gets bigger, no this does not mean the puppies are dying but if you are worried at any time contact the vet.
...It is not a good idea to leave the bitch and puppies for four hours a day, they will need to be kept under observation for any problems that may occur.
inneedofhelp
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-10-2005, 02:27 PM
thanks mini, contacted the vet lasty night and he said not to be worried the placenta sacs are gettin bigger, i have arranged time with my boss to either have a couple of weeks off (so i an spend some time with my dog/babies) or to have my shifts changed for a few weeks so there not left alone. i have the book on order i got it ordered at the local books shop they think it will take about 10 days to get here so a i am going to pop down the local library while i am waiting and read up, so i am off there this saturday. molly is just sleeping now, she has always nested since i got her and i have noticed she is getting hot at one point the cooling down, so she pants then stops (which i find wierd.) her and kahn are cuddled up on the sofa now... i am getting really exited now i cant wait not looking to the mess though..
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Do you know how far into the pregnancy she is?
Meg
Supervisor

26-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Hi there ..Oh dear 10 days is too long to wait for the book ...you could have got it next day from Amazon on the net, or many other places..I doubt the library would have a copy.
Getting hot is also normal for bitches in whelp and panting helps a dog to cool down.

Did you sort out a whelping box?
inneedofhelp
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2005, 07:16 AM
morning all my fellow dog lovers just to let you know molly had 5 puppys this morning 3 boys and 2 girls.... going to call the vet for advice as they havnt started feeding yet so i think its because she hasnt finished cleaning them up....
inneedofhelp
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2005, 07:17 AM
well i do now molly had 5 this morning 3 boys 2 girls.
Meg
Supervisor

28-10-2005, 07:33 AM
Well done, congratulations
If they don't start feeding hold them one at a time to Molly face to be licked (the saliva carries mums smell) then squeeze a little milk out of a teat and put the puppy on.
inneedofhelp
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2005, 07:34 AM
ok thanks mini will try that in a min
Annestaff
Supervisor

28-10-2005, 08:06 AM
Congratulations on the birth
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Congratulations on the birth, good luck with everything, stay calm. You'll get all the help you need here.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >